Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAKO scores on Credit Karma

tag
mysterythemoon
Regular Contributor

FAKO scores on Credit Karma

Why are people so down on these scores? These are the only scores I have to go on (it gave me a 487 TU and 503 EQ). I joined EX to get mine, and was told I didn't have enough information to generate a FICO. Just how inaccurate are these Credit Karma scores?

Started on July 4th, 2016 with 400's FAKO scores, no FICO, a dozen baddies and no credit of any kind.

As of March 2018, Before The Fall:
AmEx Blue Cash Everyday: $12,600
Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,000
Bank Of America BankAmericard: $6,000
Capital One Quicksilver One: $5,500
Citi Diamond Preferred: $5,400
NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $5,100
NFCU Go Rewards MasterCard World: $5,000
Wells Fargo Propel: $3,500
Barclay's Uber Visa: $2,500
AmEx Starwood Preferred Guest: $2,000
Citi Double Cash: $1,500
AmEx Hilton Honors: $1,000
Discover It: $600
Capital One Platinum: $500

TOTAL 2018 CREDIT LINE: $61,200

JUNE 2023 UPDATE
2020: COVID toppled me. All old accounts went into default. Business lost. Car repossessed.
2021: Cap1 let me back in (one secured/two not). Secured Mission Lane. AU on AMEX Gold, Citi Premier and Chase Sapphire. Car loan approved without cosigner for $20,000. All current.
Currently: No lawsuits. Thinking most SOL have expired on CC debt. Fingers crossed my math and memory are correct.

CURRENT SITUATION:
Mission Lane Secured: $3,400 (SL $400 -- unasked for CLI)
Capital One Secured: $300
Capital One QS1: $300
Capital One Savor: $1,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,000 (AU)
AMEX Gold: No Preset Limit (AU)
Citi Premier: $8,500 (AU)

SPRING 2026
ALL BADDIES DROP
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FAKO scores on Credit Karma

Way off. I've had CK say my scores were about 100 points lower than my Fico scores and say they were about 100 points higher. They don't figure closed accounts (good or bad) in the scores like Fico does. Just hang in there until you have 6 months on an open account to get your scores. It'll pass by fast enough.
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

And not very many lenders use Vantage scores
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think someone had mentioned that when your credit is in the 700s, they tend to be pretty even +- 20
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I would go by credit karma scored I would not be in need of rebuilding credit that's how off credit karma is lol.
TU- 654- credit karma
TU-554- MYFICO
LMAO not even close
Message 5 of 17
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

They're down on them because they're not FICO scores so they aren't helpful when you're talking about lending products that use FICO scores Smiley Happy

Rounding the numbers off, my CK TU is 615 and EQ is 540 when my FICO08 TU is 640 and EQ is 575.

Credit check total. $1 for all 3. Cancel before 7 days is up and they will offer you monthly for $14.95. Otherwise you can just keep pulling once a month or so for $1. But remember to cancel! LOL!

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat I don't have a TU fico score cause I don't have 6 months worst of history to generate a fico score. That what the CSR told me at CCT.
Message 7 of 17
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Not really, I am AU on a older account which is maxed out and my CK score is 626 but FICO is 751. So there is a huge difference in how Vantage is calculated to FICO scores
Message 8 of 17
elim
Senior Contributor

vbnm.jpg

Message 9 of 17
Grafton88
Established Contributor

@mysterythemoon wrote:

Why are people so down on these scores? These are the only scores I have to go on (it gave me a 487 TU and 503 EQ). I joined EX to get mine, and was told I didn't have enough information to generate a FICO. Just how inaccurate are these Credit Karma scores?

My scores are only about 20 points off with CK.  I use their service to see if there have been any changes to my reports.  They showed that Equifax had given me an automatic EE July 1st.  I also look at my credit factors on their reports.  They are handy for that.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.