Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAX Disputes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FAX Disputes

I used 2 of them last week. They are still good.

@Anonymous wrote:
Are these fax numbers still valid? Or does anyone have the most current fax numbers for the CRAs?

Message 11 of 52
bradfordhog
Established Member

I used the EX number to dispute 2 outdated collections Friday morning.  When I got home Friday evening, checked my report, and they were gone!  Thanks for the information Noah. 
Message 12 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah,

I am faxing a letter I received from Verizon regarding a collection account.  Long story short, my hubby forgot to pay a bill. Verizon stated they would contact the CAs to remove al negative information.

I have disputed with all CRAs but the negative comments are still showing on my credit report. I want to fax the CRAs with a dispute letter and a copy of the letter from Verizon.

Do you have a sample of a dispute letter that works?  I would like to send the dispute soon. 

Thanks!!!
Message 13 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

ragcajun wrote:

I am faxing a letter I received from Verizon regarding a collection account.  Long story short, my hubby forgot to pay a bill. Verizon stated they would contact the CAs to remove al negative information.

I have disputed with all CRAs but the negative comments are still showing on my credit report. I want to fax the CRAs with a dispute letter and a copy of the letter from Verizon.

For now, hang on to the letter from Verizon, but don't send it to the CRAs. Just dispute with the CRAs. Tell 'em the OC said it was a mistake and they promised to delete.

If they delete, great. If not, then send a second dispute and include a copy of the letter from Verizon. This way you pound on the CRAs with two disputes, and you're more likely to get it deleted with 2 disputes than with 1. Sometimes it's simply a matter of getting the right person on the right day at the right time to do the right thing.

Message 14 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

The numbers I posted still work. Just used 'em yesterday to FAX in a copy of my DL with the new address. Boom, all 3 are updated today.
Message 15 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be advised that your personal information is not secure via Fax
Message 16 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

buydow1 wrote:
Be advised that your personal information is not secure via Fax

If someone wants to spend the time, effort and money to intercept anything, they can. OK, maybe they can't hack into the computers at Langley using a firetruck, but something a little less ambitious is certainly possible.

If one can hack a phone line, and dump the fax transmission out to another fax machine, yeah, sure, it's not secure. However, it's a heckuva lot easier to hack a voice line or have your mail stolen.
Message 17 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ seems to have moved the mobile missile launcher that is their fax number. These all generated a fax tone.

404-885-8988
678-795-7798
866-838-1016
888-729-0083 - Known to be legit
Message 18 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have a sample letter that I can use for credit disputes.  Thanks
Message 19 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

sunshinemanowar wrote:
Does anyone have a sample letter that I can use for credit disputes.  Thanks

Feel free to start a new thread and post more details about what it is you're disputing and with whom.
Message 20 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.