Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAXING OR EMAILING A PFD VS MAILING ONE. PRO'S AND CONS

tag
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

FAXING OR EMAILING A PFD VS MAILING ONE. PRO'S AND CONS

Hi Everyone-  What are the pro's and con's of faxing or emailing a PFD vs mailing one?   If I decide to email the PFD and they email me back the acceptance, is that valid enough for getting it removed from the CA if they decide not to after payment?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FAXING OR EMAILING A PFD VS MAILING ONE. PRO'S AND CONS

@Derrick1977 wrote:

Hi Everyone-  What are the pro's and con's of faxing or emailing a PFD vs mailing one?   If I decide to email the PFD and they email me back the acceptance, is that valid enough for getting it removed from the CA if they decide not to after payment?

I normally do my transactions via CMRRR, I don't mind doing a PFD over the phone/email as long as the PFD offere letter is in their company letterhead.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A PFD is an informal contract offer for which they have no obligation to respond.

Documenting the date of mailing/receipt is thus of little or no significance,, and might be viewed by the receiving party as some step towards future action.

I would send thru regular mail, or better yet, pick up the phone and begin an oral negotiation into which you can insert some personal persuasion or crocodile tears.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

To me there really isn't a pro to faxing or emailing a PFD. I would use certified mail for PFDs. That way you know that it was received and that you will have a record of when they received it and when they should respond.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.