Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBD/ Continental Finance and Midland Deletion

tag
rickjames8692
Established Member

FBD/ Continental Finance and Midland Deletion

After 28 long days wait for the results I wake up this morning to check my email and check my dispute. Look what I found Smiley Happy

Thanks you everybody with your wisdom and knowledge, this is only the beginning.

Edited to remove identifying info. - llecs, myFICO mod.

Starting Score: TU 554, EQ 504, EX 514
Current Score: TU 617, EQ 605, EX ?
Goal Score: 675

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MamboItaliano
Frequent Contributor

Re: FBD/ Continental Finance and Midland Deletion

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.  - Sir Winston Churchill

Re-entered the garden on 9/16/2013.

Starting Score: (TU) 517 (EQ) 469 (EX) 519 (6/1/2010)
Current Score: (TU98) 714 (TU04) 712 (EQ Beacon 5.0) 672 (EX -FICO v2) 724 (6/13/13)
Goal Score: 700 Club for all 3 (2 out of 3 so far)

Message 2 of 9
rickjames8692
Established Member

what made me mad that midland put a collection on my report (in relation to FBD) and sunk my 620 score to a 570 ugrh. Should I dispute with the other CRA or wait and see if the others will follow.

Message 3 of 9
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

if you haven't disputed with the others I doubt mcm will delete on their own.......least from my experience.

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 4 of 9
DM6410
Regular Contributor

@rickjames8692 wrote:

After 28 long days wait for the results I wake up this morning to check my email and check my dispute. Look what I found Smiley Happy

Thanks you everybody with your wisdom and knowledge, this is only the beginning.

I am glad this worked out for you as I have 2 PAID Midland accts presently reporting on my Transunion at $0 balance, however, I NEED to have these accts deleted. Prior to learning abt this site, I thought that I agreed to a PFD however, I guess it was just a "settlement" agreement with noted correspondence from MIDLAND as to a settlement. I will be disputing these collection accts today. What was your reason for disputing? Did you actually PIF/settle with MIDLAND? Was this your acct?

As far as my credit goes, I am a work in progress...
Message 5 of 9
rickjames8692
Established Member

I did not have to pay neither due to Midland bought debt from FBD, since they had a FDIC court order cease and desist. They are no longer legally to collect or sue for that matter since they would be in violation.

Message 6 of 9
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Congrats bro. Doesn't it feel great???
Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 7 of 9
DM6410
Regular Contributor

Oh, OK I understand. Well for my 2 Midland accts, I am disputing the accts and sending in what vague verification I have from Midland in hopes they will just cave and give in to removing from my report. Worst case scenario, they are both due to come off in Feb and March 2013, so it might not be as soon as I like but it will be at least under a year before they are ultimately GONE! Congrats again!

As far as my credit goes, I am a work in progress...
Message 8 of 9
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Midland is just gonna send their bogus form letter saying what they're reporting is accurate. They didn't even acknowledge anything I'd written in my letter to them.

You can always dispute with the CRA if doing so directly with the CA doesn't get you anywhere. That's what I had to do for TransUnion.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.