cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCO 6th GW response...they want me to pay more now??? Really?

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

FCO 6th GW response...they want me to pay more now??? Really?

FCO does not remove items from credit once reported, and this account was first reported on 7-18-2012 to the bureaus. A settlement offer was mailed to you agreeing to accept and additional $1107.45 if paid by 12-9-2013. If you would like to have the date extended with the understanding payment of said funds will settle the account and cause your credit to be updated as such, please email a response.

This communication is from a debt collector and this is an attempt to collect a debt an any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

This was their response to me pouring my heart out in my 6th GW letter to them.....it was a joint account, I settled, got the judgment vacated and now they refuse to remove it. Is there nothing else I can do about this?? Other than wait it out? 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: FCO 6th GW response...they want me to pay more now??? Really?

Keep sending good will letters until one lands on the right desk.  It only takes one yes.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@newmomnewme wrote:

FCO does not remove items from credit once reported, and this account was first reported on 7-18-2012 to the bureaus. A settlement offer was mailed to you agreeing to accept and additional $1107.45 if paid by 12-9-2013. If you would like to have the date extended with the understanding payment of said funds will settle the account and cause your credit to be updated as such, please email a response.

This communication is from a debt collector and this is an attempt to collect a debt an any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

This was their response to me pouring my heart out in my 6th GW letter to them.....it was a joint account, I settled, got the judgment vacated and now they refuse to remove it. Is there nothing else I can do about this?? Other than wait it out? 

How are they listing the account?  Does it show it was paid/settled?

They are asking for more money after you settled?  I am confused.

Message 3 of 7
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

How are they listing the account?  Does it show it was paid/settled?

They are asking for more money after you settled?  I am confused.

So was I at first....the account is reporting as a paid collection. Paid in settlement; balance $0.  I think they have the account number messed up..... They just emailed asking for proof of payment.  Maybe this will be my in for removal from my CRs.  "Fingers Crossed" 

Message 4 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They could ask for the whole amount in order to delete.

Shouldn't because it is paid but they could.

Message 5 of 7
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

No...they had it mixed up. Someone else's accout number....I was just hoping to get the name of a supervisor or manager. She responded after I sent proof of payment. She said we DO not remove tradelines. 

Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.