Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCO (Fair collections and Outsourcing) GW

tag
jybrown1458
Contributor

FCO (Fair collections and Outsourcing) GW

Has anyone had any luck with these guys?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
jybrown1458
Contributor

Re: FCO (Fair collections and Outsourcing) GW

BUMP

Message 2 of 20
jybrown1458
Contributor

Bump

Message 3 of 20
exleyfam

I've never heard of them. Sorry

4/23/2013 TU FAKO (CK) 610
4/26/2013 TU (Pulled by car dealer) 569
4/29/2013 EX FAKO (CreditSesame) 610
Message 4 of 20
jeremyd82
Contributor

No luck here with PFD or a settlement.   

8/2012 485 FICO
2/2013 611 FICO
6/2013 602 FICO

Message 5 of 20
imovinup
Regular Contributor

whenever i call they are always trying to offer me a settlement. i think once you hit the SOL to sue they will take anything. i want to pay my debt and get it deleted i messed up on my lease but now ive got it together this is my last debt/collection on my credit reports and i think this may be the hardest but i cant wait until 2016 for it to fall off.

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 6 of 20
jlk5034

No luck with them. Ive tried PFD and that didnt work. Ive sent about 5 GW letters in the past year and called several times and have had no luck. They are tough.

Message 7 of 20
candicerj

Hello, I recently had luck with FCO. I constantly requested validation for a debt from a few years ago, and they sent an application to move in the apartment and also a move out statment. I did not accept it, because a move out statment did not show how they came up to that amount. In addition, a move in application only shows that I requested an apartment it doesn't mean that I ever moved in. I had been dsiputing this debt almost 4,000 for so long and never knew what to do to get it off. Using information from this website, I was able to finally get a removal letter a few days ago.

Message 8 of 20
psualum0408

Candice,  What information did you spefically use?  Did you dispute with the CB?

Message 9 of 20
candicerj

I did not dispute with the Credit Bureas because I tried that before and they always come back verified. I used a mix of letters (made it to fit my situation), that I found online to dispute with FCO directly. I emailed them at the email address on their website. They responded within two days, the first verification that they used was a move out statement, I quickly responded that a move out statement was not valid. Anyone can create a moveout statement with false information. I asked to see a monthly statement, so that I could see exactly what the apartment complex was trying to charge me for. They did not have it. So I asked for something with my signature and social security number and they immediatly sent me an application that someone would use to move in. Now an application is not valid because who's to say I ever moved in... I waited for about two weeks and the reply I received was that it was taken off my credit report. I checked my credit report that same day and it was gone. When I wrote them the dispute I let them know I spoke to the original creditor and they had no information about the account.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.