Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCO OFF REPORT NYS STATE 5 YEAR RULE - Fair Collection and Outsourcing

tag
Sexyblue
Contributor

FCO OFF REPORT NYS STATE 5 YEAR RULE - Fair Collection and Outsourcing

My $3000.00 FCO collection is gone from one report - Equifax. I paid the 25% settlement because it was 5 years this month. Therefore, I used the NYS state 5-year rule on paid collections. I think they quick update to Equifax because I put the dispute in before collection updated and it was off three days after I paid. I never saw it update to settled in full.

Now I am waiting for TU and EX to removed it. I spoke with a supervisor at both and they said soon as my dispute comes back as paid/settled they will remove it from report. I have not checked scores for changes yet. Just glad to get that monkey of my back. This is the only collection I had on reports – so you know I bouncing off the wall at home.

Now I have to work on my coordinated app strategy with first rate execution, before comimg out of the garden since 2014. LOL Smiley Wink

TU 660,EX 679, EQ 673,
DiscoverIT19,500 | Barney's NY,16000 | Jcrew, 8000 | Macy'sRed,12000 | Bloomingdales,9000 | Elan Visa, 5000|
P.C Richards ,4000 | Amazon, 3000 | Barclays, 3000 WalmartMC, 3000 | Target, 3400| Brooks Brothers 1,400
CAP1, 1250 | BOA,1000 | BestBuy, 1000 | American Airlines, 1300|
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
srloring13
Regular Contributor

Re: FCO OFF REPORT NYS STATE 5 YEAR RULE - Fair Collection and Outsourcing

Congrats.  Please let us know how much your scores increase after its removed.

FILED CH7 BK 02/25/13 -- DISCHARGED 06/10/13
Starting Scores 06/10/13 EQ474 EX538 TU503
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sexyblue wrote:

My $3000.00 FCO collection is gone from one report - Equifax. I paid the 25% settlement because it was 5 years this month. Therefore, I used the NYS state 5-year rule on paid collections. I think they quick update to Equifax because I put the dispute in before collection updated and it was off three days after I paid. I never saw it update to settled in full.

Now I am waiting for TU and EX to removed it. I spoke with a supervisor at both and they said soon as my dispute comes back as paid/settled they will remove it from report. I have not checked scores for changes yet. Just glad to get that monkey of my back. This is the only collection I had on reports – so you know I bouncing off the wall at home.

Now I have to work on my coordinated app strategy with first rate execution, before comimg out of the garden since 2014. LOL Smiley Wink

I realize this is an old  thread, just wondering what happened. Did you get it removed from TU & EX? How did it affect your scores?

Message 3 of 4
Sexyblue
Contributor

Everything was removed with little hassle and on time. The issue I ran into though with EX – was that the CO sent the collection to the bureau with the wrong date of first default. When I explain that to the EX – they did a 3-way call on the spot and confirmed the correct information over the phone with the CO. It was removed by the next morning when I checked at 7:00 AM.  Other than that everything else was easy. All the reps from the CA’s were very supported in getting it removed. It was like they were afraid of the government – because they kept saying this needs be off by now because of the NYS 5-year rule. 

----Scores went up north of 40 points on avaerage. 

TU 660,EX 679, EQ 673,
DiscoverIT19,500 | Barney's NY,16000 | Jcrew, 8000 | Macy'sRed,12000 | Bloomingdales,9000 | Elan Visa, 5000|
P.C Richards ,4000 | Amazon, 3000 | Barclays, 3000 WalmartMC, 3000 | Target, 3400| Brooks Brothers 1,400
CAP1, 1250 | BOA,1000 | BestBuy, 1000 | American Airlines, 1300|
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.