cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCO update- agreed to remove collections!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FCO update- agreed to remove collections!

FCO is right up there in terms of being one of the least flexible and most difficult CA to work with. My recommendation would be to do any and everything in your power to come up with 50% and get that TL deleted.

I am fighting a similar battle rights now with FCO. Can I ask you how long this process took for you? I involved the original creditor as well and right now, FCO is "investigating." It has been a little over a week since our last correspondence. Any insight you can give me in terms of timeline would be helpful with my patience. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

FCO is right up there in terms of being one of the least flexible and most difficult CA to work with. My recommendation would be to do any and everything in your power to come up with 50% and get that TL deleted.

I am fighting a similar battle rights now with FCO. Can I ask you how long this process took for you? I involved the original creditor as well and right now, FCO is "investigating." It has been a little over a week since our last correspondence. Any insight you can give me in terms of timeline would be helpful with my patience. Smiley Happy

Unfortunately, it took a very long time. The collection appeared in 2011 and I still have the email from them on 02/22/2012 stating they did not offer PFD. The woman that I am in contact with at FCO is usually pretty responsive though and anything I request is sent to me within the same day. 

Message 12 of 28
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Do you think they would still be receptive to a payment arrangment they still wanted the $2,000.00 in exchange for removal ? You may not be comfortable with that amount right now but maybe it would give you some buffer time to get in touch with the other people and make them chip in for the bill. 

Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I've read on the forums, I would not want to go into a payment arrangement because the updates will reflect negatively on my credit report. I would prefer to offer one lump sum to have it completely removed, I don't want to deal with them anymore. I would have a very very hard time getting the other roomies to split the cost, so I don't even think its worth my time to contact them about it. I'm still young (25) and 4-5 years ago when I rented the apartment with them, I wasn't very smart about the decisions I made (co-signing an apartment with irresponsible "friends"). 

So really, I'm just wondering whats a good offer. $1000 isn't bad, it just the most I wanted to pay and doesn't leave me any room to negotiate. 

Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LShawn08 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not comfortable paying the 50%, I can't afford anything right now really.. but I don't want to miss my opportunity. I don't want to make myself look silly either by offering very little. If they agreed to take $1,000 I would definitely do it, but I was going to try offering even less so I have wiggle room if they decline. Would $500 be an insulting offer? 

The charges are for move-out fees/damages and unpaid rent. 

Did any of you take pictures of the apartment after you left ? Maybe that way you can prove there were no damages and get that part of the balance removed. Was this a abrupt move out then ?

$500 is probably to low. Maybe offer the $1,000.00 and ask that the debt be marked as settled in full with there accounts and that the rest of the balance not be sold off to another CA. 

Unfortunately, I do not have pics. But the apartment was left in dissaray. The cleaning and carpet replacement are valid charges, that should be charged to my roommates (they also had a dog that completely ruined the carpetsin the living area and their bedroom). They were very unclean and destructive. But I don't want to be left to pay that part of the bill, since I don't feel at all responsible the damage they'd done. It wasn't an abrupt move out, one of my roommates never paid the rent he agreed to so we were always behind from the get go. Then we couldn't keep up with the payments and ended up getting evicted. 

Message 15 of 28
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote: 

Unfortunately, I do not have pics. But the apartment was left in dissaray. The cleaning and carpet replacement are valid charges, that should be charged to my roommates (they also had a dog that completely ruined the carpetsin the living area and their bedroom). They were very unclean and destructive. But I don't want to be left to pay that part of the bill, since I don't feel at all responsible the damage they'd done. It wasn't an abrupt move out, one of my roommates never paid the rent he agreed to so we were always behind from the get go. Then we couldn't keep up with the payments and ended up getting evicted. 

Oh that is tough situation. You need to serve them with a suit for small claims court, citing the damage that they are responible for. Though you feel like it would be a hassle to deal with them if you don't your going to be the one biting this bullet. I think you should consider it if. If they agree to full deletion after a payment arrangement all damge if any of course is temporary but counter offer with the $1,000.00 see if they bite. 

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LShawn08 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote: 

Oh that is tough situation. You need to serve them with a suit for small claims court, citing the damage that they are responible for. Though you feel like it would be a hassle to deal with them if you don't your going to be the one biting this bullet. I think you should consider it if. If they agree to full deletion after a payment arrangement all damge if any of course is temporary but counter offer with the $1,000.00 see if they bite. 

Sorry its been a few days but I have a great update! FCO agreed to $1000 and a pay for delete. One of my ex roomies said she would put up $150 towards it, whatever, I'll take it. How much of a score jump do you think will come out of the delete? Its a collection from 2011. 

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately, it took a very long time. The collection appeared in 2011 and I still have the email from them on 02/22/2012 stating they did not offer PFD. The woman that I am in contact with at FCO is usually pretty responsive though and anything I request is sent to me within the same day. 

Taryn, would you mind PMing me this person's information? I want to make sure I am working with the same person. Thanks so much.

Message 18 of 28
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Sweet update! Make sure the account is going to be considered settled in full that way you won't end up with another collection for the remainder of the bill. Great job! Make sure you get your receipt. If that was your only collection on the account the jump could be significant but you won't know for sure until you get your update. 

Message 19 of 28
seruby
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Taryn, would you mind PMing me this person's information? I want to make sure I am working with the same person. Thanks so much.

Me as well.   Thank you.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.