FCRA

How long does a FCRA normally take?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FCRA

Can you rephrase your question please? Its unclear what you are asking.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an account ( well 2 actually ) both the same collection agency. They are medical bills one for 45 the other for 30. I have paid then when I became aware of them from pulling my CR. I have been trying to get them removed with no success. I had absolutely no knowledge of them. Basically because they sent them to Thomas. My name isn't even close to being Thomas. I've matched up the dates and what they were for and they are mine but again my name isn't Thomas. I also have a flex spending account for my medical, those costs not covered under my BCBS thro work. Typically co pays and such. I would have submitted these bills to the insurance company and it would have covered them.
Well they are just absolutely refusing to remove them. I've called, emailed, and sent a letter explaining the mix up. I did pay them and submitted that to my FSA and credited.
So I'm guessing I have to contact the FCRA and make a complaint against the CA and was wondering how long it would take for the process.
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I have an account ( well 2 actually ) both the same collection agency. They are medical bills one for 45 the other for 30. I have paid then when I became aware of them from pulling my CR. I have been trying to get them removed with no success. I had absolutely no knowledge of them. Basically because they sent them to Thomas. My name isn't even close to being Thomas. I've matched up the dates and what they were for and they are mine but again my name isn't Thomas. I also have a flex spending account for my medical, those costs not covered under my BCBS thro work. Typically co pays and such. I would have submitted these bills to the insurance company and it would have covered them.
Well they are just absolutely refusing to remove them. I've called, emailed, and sent a letter explaining the mix up. I did pay them and submitted that to my FSA and credited.
So I'm guessing I have to contact the FCRA and make a complaint against the CA and was wondering how long it would take for the process.

The FCRA is a set of laws (Fair Credit Reporting Act) so you dont contact them who you do in this case is start with the top management and if you get no where then a BBB complaint and if that fails I would escalate to the CFPB.  Each of these process have no set time frames but in reality it should not take long to get answers from them one way or another. You can also take your complaint to the OC and see if they will request the CA remove.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The FCRA is the Fair Credit Reporting Act. It is not an agency or place you can contact. You may mean the CFPB, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau that enforces this act. You can file a dispute with them and file disputes with the credit bureaus that are reporting this information on your credit report as well. A dispute with the CFPB can take up to 60 days but their site says that one can expect a resonse within 15 days of filing a dispute. I have filed 5 disputes with them and have always heard back from the disputing company within 15 days. Also, never pay for a bill that isn't yours.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was mine southeast from a surgery I had on my shoulder. So I'm not denying the bill but depending on BCBS it depends on what's covered vs what's not. Normally I see a co pay for an office visit for a check up etc. this was actually a surgery so I didn't know I had a co pay. But if the name was right then I would have know. I know I moved during that year and my change of address would have only reflected my actual name that I filed to have my mail switched. so I would have never been forwarded Thomas' mail to my new address because Thomas didn't fill out a change of address because he didn't exist. Lol
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.