Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEDERAL TAX LIEN QUESTION

tag
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

FEDERAL TAX LIEN QUESTION

Hello eveyone!

I hope this the right place to post this inquiry.

I have federal tax lien on my CBR's for $6500.00 filed on 10/2004. I am ready to take care of this obligation now. Is this the amount ($6500.00) that will satisfy this debt or will penalties and interest be added on?

I realize the best source to ask this question is the IRS. Just wanted to run this by the forum members for their input.

Thanks for any info.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: FEDERAL TAX LIEN QUESTION

I have no direct experience with this, but as I understand it, interest has been accruing. 

You will need to contact the IRS to get a final settlement figure.  You should also ask for a letter that says it has been paid in full (after they receive payment).  Might want to ask that they remove it from your credit too.  Smiley Happy  Wont' hurt to ask.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.