cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA NEEDING CANCELLED CHECKS FOR APPROVAL?

tag
Jess421
Contributor

FHA NEEDING CANCELLED CHECKS FOR APPROVAL?

Hello all, I am currently working on my credit in order to hopefully qualify for a mortgage once my scores are good enough.  My question is does anyone know if FHA now requires 12 months of cancelled checks?  I currently pay with cash and am wondering if I need to switch to checks.  I am confused becaue my friends just bought a house FHA  loan and they did not have to provide rental history. 

Starting Score: CK 519 FICO 498
Current Score: 2/26/13 FICO 590 TU FAKO 639
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jadeite788
Established Contributor

Re: FHA NEEDING CANCELLED CHECKS FOR APPROVAL?

no, all they need is W2 and tax return of previous  year and current year along with bank statements (1-2).  Make sure you don't have any OD's though.

Starting Score: 565
Current Experian Score: 634 (Lender pull)
Current Equifax Score: previous 668, 680 as of 11/12/13 lender pull
Current Transunion Score: previous 675,677 as of 09/23/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 4
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

It depends on the lender and other factors of your loan. For some people, rental verificaion via cancelled checks will be required, for others, it won't be. If you can pay by check instead, I would do that, just in case they do ask for it.

Message 3 of 4
Jess421
Contributor

thanks for the advice, I am going to start paying via check just incase.  I am assuming that this will be a requirement of all lenders in the near future. 

Starting Score: CK 519 FICO 498
Current Score: 2/26/13 FICO 590 TU FAKO 639
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.