Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIA/BOA cannot find my account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FIA/BOA cannot find my account?

I just called FIA early this week to find out the chance of my GW, but I didn't expect this answer: they cannot find my account! 

Somehow the creidt analysts couldn't find my account, but a customer rep said it's in the archive but there's not much info on it, and then gave me the the standard "We can't remove accurate information because of the credit fairness act". 

I have a few baddies on it from 3 years ago, some of which are 90/120 and frankly, I might be better off closing the TL. And although the account is closed, I have other open CC and accounts with BOA - should I continue my GW quest?  BOA doesn't seem to have the info to process it. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FIA/BOA cannot find my account?

@Anonymous wrote:

I just called FIA today to find out the chance of my GW, but I didn't expect this answer: they cannot find my account! 

Somehow the creidt analysts couldn't find my account, but a customer rep said it's in the archive but there's not much info on it, and then gave me the the standard "We can't remove accurate information because of the credit fairness act". 

I have a few baddies on it from 3 years ago, some of which are 90/120 and frankly, I might be better off closing the TL. And although the account is closed, I have other open CC and accounts with BOA - should I continue my GW quest?  BOA doesn't seem to have the info to process it. 

I would send the GW letters to the office of the CEO, they should be able to gain access to the account.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. or, should I wait until they forget and purge the account?

Out of all my accounts, this one has the shortest history (2 years) but have all the baddies in it because the auto pay wasn't setup as I thought it would. So it looks like my best bet is to ask them to remove the entire TL?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same thing happen with Citibank - Your account? You don't exist in our computer! There was conflicting information across bureaus. I disputed it on TU and they just deleted the TL on all 3.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iceinjuly, just curoous, how old were the accounts that you deleted? 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they delete the complete account or just the late payment?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The account was closed in 2010/2011. I don't know why they didn't have it on record any longer, but they deleted the entire TL.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.