Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIA card services - Bank of America

tag
Datx
Valued Contributor

FIA card services - Bank of America

Has anyone have any success recently with BOA? GWs, PFDs, etc. They are going to be the next baddie I will be working on while I garden the cards I was fortunate enough to obtain. This will hopefully keep me busy enough to stay away from that pretty looking "Apply" button Smiley Very Happy. Anyhoo, if anyone has had success with them recently or even in the past, I would appreciate any advice or suggestions. I heard they are a tough one to crack. I'm basically going to be sending a GW request, since I have settled with the CA, Financial Asset Management Systems back in December of 2007. Of course I did not know about credit repair and this forum until last year, so I did not request a PFD. I have done light research for BOA contacts in the past, but have really looked into in the last few days and found some addresses that I will be sending GW requests to over the weekend. But also wanted to ask if anyone else might have a contact for them that they don't mind sharing me with. 

There is one more thing I want to add though. I recently got rid of my two secured cards with Cap One and Orchard Bank. And I thought to myself, would adding a BOA secured card help me rebuild a relationship with them and even possibly help me in my GW reqeust. Again, just thinking to myself...maybe they will see that even though I have unsecured cards with decent lines (I love NFCU!), I am still willing to get a secured card and build a good relationship with them again, maybe get back on their good side. When I first started with credit repair back in May, I had no open CC accounts at all. After joining and reading this forum, I tried for a couple of secured cards. BOA being one of them, who turned me down. So Cap One and OB secured cards gave me a chance and really helped me to rebuild credit. Okay, im going to stop stretching this out. I applied for a BOA secured card early June thinking I will probably be turned down again, but I wanted to give it one more attempt. I did not get an immediate no like I did before. The whole thing stretched on for weeks. Their application status system on their website did not ever give me status. But I did get approved ( I know I know, I dont plan to apply for anything else I promise!) and now I hold a new shiny card from BOA. I really hope after 12 months the card will unsecure unlike the Cap One and OB secured cards. Ok. im done. I will post any updates to my GW request here. If anyone has any info they would like to share, please do. Thank you!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: FIA card services - Bank of America

Well I finally got my first rejection letter in the mail this past Saturday. The letter mentioned they investigated  my account and determined there was not a banking error, so they cannot remove the way its being reported. Well DUH! I didnt say it was a mistake on their end, heck I even admitted it was a mistake for me to let the account go to collections in the first place. Anyways, I realize its probably a generic letter they are sending out. Time to reprint and send out more GW letters, lol. Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 10
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Might want to save them for last. I haven't read more than 3 goodwill success stories from BoA/FIA on this site.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@drkaje wrote:

Might want to save them for last. I haven't read more than 3 goodwill success stories from BoA/FIA on this site.

That many?

OP, you might be the 4th then. I'd keep plugging away. I remember getting Verizon Wireless to accept my PFD. After receiving numerous rejections, everyone told me that it was impossible and they they never accept PFDs. That was fodder to get me to send more....to disprove the impossible, and it was done. Keep sending them OP. IMO, if they didn't say "yes", you haven't sent enough.

Message 4 of 10
GregB
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

That many?

OP, you might be the 4th then. I'd keep plugging away. I remember getting Verizon Wireless to accept my PFD. After receiving numerous rejections, everyone told me that it was impossible and they they never accept PFDs. That was fodder to get me to send more....to disprove the impossible, and it was done. Keep sending them OP. IMO, if they didn't say "yes", you haven't sent enough.

Can anyone show us ANY?

Message 5 of 10
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

That many?

In all candor, it may have only been  2, LOL! 

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
crackiein
Valued Member

I'd have to see it to believe it.  LOL!  They're a tough nut to crack.

Message 7 of 10
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

Has ANYONE had any luck with BOA yet??? I'm desperate!!!! That's my last CO acct reporting...... I NEED that boost!!!

Starting Scores: EQ 447 (01/02/2017), TU 476 (01/02/2017), EX 456 (01/02/2017)
Current Scores: FICO 08's as of 12/12/2019: EQ 584, TU 702, EX 631
Goal Scores: ABOVE 800 ALL 3
Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 10
QueenJ
Regular Contributor

Whatever happend? did you get it?  I am debating what i should do with them as we speak.

tks

Message 9 of 10
marty56
Super Contributor

I got a 3 month early fall off from EQ.  My TU one goes the full Monty to June 23.

LOL I might have the highest FICO score of anyone in the forum who would be denied if they applied for  BofA CC.  Too bad we will never know.

No reason to quit asking for a GW.  You might actualy catch one that is human and has a heart.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.