Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO 8 AND MORTGAGE SCORES

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO 8 AND MORTGAGE SCORES

HEY GANG

I bit the bullet and bought the Ultimate 3B credit report..... I like the makeup. It seems easy to understand and well thought at. My FICO 8 score are EX: 628, TU 606, EQ 648

Mortgage scores are EX: 591, TU 617, EQ 597.

With scores like this i will never get a mortgage....

my LO suggested that I get some disputes removed, pay off a 800.00 lien and a 300.00 collection acct. Hopefully by do this it will help my mortgage scores. 

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO 8 AND MORTGAGE SCORES

@Anonymous wrote:

HEY GANG

I bit the bullet and bought the Ultimate 3B credit report..... I like the makeup. It seems easy to understand and well thought at. My FICO 8 score are EX: 628, TU 606, EQ 648

Mortgage scores are EX: 591, TU 617, EQ 597.

With scores like this i will never get a mortgage....

my LO suggested that I get some disputes removed, pay off a 800.00 lien and a 300.00 collection acct. Hopefully by do this it will help my mortgage scores. 

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. 

Well, that's not necessarily true. My LO can do FHA with a 580 credit score and you can use down payment assistance or gifts if you have a 620 score. My goal was to get my mid up to 620 so I could use a grant for my down payment but it went up higher than that, thankfully... however, all we were waiting on was the 620.

Are you trying to do FHA or conventional? FHA can be better about credit issues. Are those the only bad things on your report? If so, paying off the lien and collection account may help quite a bit. If you dispute the lien after you pay it off, you may get lucky and they'll remove it entirely. You can also ask for a pay for delete on that collection account. My LO didn't seem to care that I had disputes but I'm in UW now and perhaps they'll care. I was pre-approved with open disputes but they were for very obviously inaccurate things so perhaps that is why they didn't care.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Readyformyhome. 

I am trying for a USDA loan. I havent looked into a FHA loan. MAybe I should.  My mom used USDA, its 100% finicaing.  Are those scores your mortgage scores or FICO 8 scores?. I have a BK from 7or 8 years ago and 2 other tax leins that are paid. Student loans and the one collection. I read a post about the numbers to credit unions and getting things removed in 24-48 by calling. I will try them today. Thanks again.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Readyformyhome. 

I am trying for a USDA loan. I havent looked into a FHA loan. MAybe I should.  My mom used USDA, its 100% finicaing.  Are those scores your mortgage scores or FICO 8 scores?. I have a BK from 7or 8 years ago and 2 other tax leins that are paid. Student loans and the one collection. I read a post about the numbers to credit unions and getting things removed in 24-48 by calling. I will try them today. Thanks again.

Are the tax liens from state or federal? Federal can be rmoved once paid. State varies....

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

State..

Do most leanders want them removed or just to report as paid?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

State..

Do most leanders want them removed or just to report as paid?

They will usually REQUIRE them to be paid. Removal is just an added bonus for your scores. Look into your states rules and see if they can be removed after being paid.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

I called to TU and EX to request that the disputes be removed. They were very nice. Both said they should be removed in 24-48 hours. I will call EQ in the morning/ nd ask them the same. Hope it helps. Thanks all

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.