Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Credit Score Simulator

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO Credit Score Simulator

Can anyone tell me how accurate this credit simulator is on this website??  If I enroll in the FICO credit score report will it show a difference in the scoring than freecreditreport.com??  Which system do the loan companies use most?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: FICO Credit Score Simulator

It is not the accuracy of the simulator that is the issue.  It is the very restrictive nature of what you can input, and thus project.

The entire issue of the simulator is that the FICO scoring agorithms are tightly-guarded trade secrets,

They will only go so far as to give you general projections over periods of time, but never immediate projections on current data in all categories.

To do this would subject them to reverse engineering of their scoring algorithms.  That wont happen.

When you input anything into one category in the simulator, that assumes that all other categories are static.  The real world does not work that way.,

It is a tool of what woulkd be your best action, and is very useful.  But it is not a precise score simulator.

Message 2 of 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Which system do the loan companies use most?

Most lenders use FICO scores.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Can anyone tell me how accurate this credit simulator is on this website??  If I enroll in the FICO credit score report will it show a difference in the scoring than freecreditreport.com??  Which system do the loan companies use most?

And to add, the scores from freecreditreport are not FICO scores. We call those scores FAKOs. Those can go up while your FICO down and vice-versa. Ignore the advice from freecreditreport too. However, the report info is OK.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.