Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO GODS MUST BE Crazy

tag
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

FICO GODS MUST BE Crazy

Haven't been on here in like forever.  Been working my butt off lately.  Business has been awesome.  Off the chart in fact.  So because of the heavy influx of work I had to lean on my credit a little harder than normal.  I had to buy alot of materials on my Cap1 sparks card and my personal bank LOC to the tune of about $7000.  When the reporting cycle hit midstride of this, a little bit on personal CC cards, my score took a hit of 19 points.  Now the work is done and I've been paid so I paid off those cards to the tune of over $12,000 just this month.  I thought well this will send my score upwards.........wrong.  It went up 9 points.  Went from over 50% util to 13% (total available credit of $23,500 and now only using about $3k) in one months time and all 3 of the cards with higher balances have all reported. 

Modcut...........  And the only reason I was able to pay off my bills in one month was because I was luckier than most poor people.  And the only reason I got all that signwork was because I cheated the system therefore denying poorer, less fortunate sign companies the opportunity to make such obscene profits....

Yeah I think the FICO gods are crazy..

Edited to remove aspects of the 5 things we don't talk about here.  Hence.... politics..... 

Shogun, myFICO moderator

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
topa
Regular Contributor

Re: FICO GODS MUST BE Crazy....

Retrieving post..

Starting Score: 600 (Jan 2014)
Current MyFICO Scores: EQ: 712 | TU: 706 | EX: 702
Current Bureau Scores: EQ Beacon 5.0: 682 | TU FICO Classic 04: 740 | EX FICO V2: 706
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO GODS MUST BE Crazy

@signguy17 wrote:

Haven't been on here in like forever.  Been working my butt off lately.  Business has been awesome.  Off the chart in fact.  So because of the heavy influx of work I had to lean on my credit a little harder than normal.  I had to buy alot of materials on my Cap1 sparks card and my personal bank LOC to the tune of about $7000.  When the reporting cycle hit midstride of this, a little bit on personal CC cards, my score took a hit of 19 points.  Now the work is done and I've been paid so I paid off those cards to the tune of over $12,000 just this month.  I thought well this will send my score upwards.........wrong.  It went up 9 points.  Went from over 50% util to 13% (total available credit of $23,500 and now only using about $3k) in one months time and all 3 of the cards with higher balances have all reported. 

Modcut...........  And the only reason I was able to pay off my bills in one month was because I was luckier than most poor people.  And the only reason I got all that signwork was because I cheated the system therefore denying poorer, less fortunate sign companies the opportunity to make such obscene profits....

Yeah I think the FICO gods are crazy..

Edited to remove aspects of the 5 things we don't talk about here.  Hence.... politics..... 

Shogun, myFICO moderator

Glad I got to read your orginal post. It made me chuckle.  Sorry about your score drop though

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 3 of 4
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Re: FICO GODS MUST BE Crazy

That sucks I wanted to read the original post

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.