cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Quarterly Monitoring

tag
Av8or

FICO Quarterly Monitoring

So I bought the FICO Quarterly monitoring that supposed to use Trans Union data. The first report that I got said that my FICO scor was 607, three months later it says that it's 652. However, I have twice recieved notices from credit card companies that denied me based on my credit score being below 600. The last one says 574. My question is, how can the My Fico Quarterly powered by transunion data be so different from what these credit card companies see?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JustinS
Regular Contributor

Re: FICO Quarterly Monitoring

Credit card companies can use bankcard enhanced scores or purchase other scoring models from Transunion as well. It's entirely possible that the creditor you applied to uses a different FICO scoring version from TU. Keep in mind there are many different all true FICO models/versions.

Message 2 of 6
Av8or

Thanks Justin. I just called and had my quarterly monitoring cancelled. If there's 49 different formulas that can be at least 75 points different, then I don't see how paying for this monitoring serves me.

Message 3 of 6
CreditHealthy
Established Contributor

Good point Av8or, because I'm canceling mine for that exact same reason. Why pay for a score that's outdated/have 1000 different scoring modules? LOL!!

What's in my sock drawer? NFCU LOC 15,000] NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000][ Golden 1Platinum Rewards Card 6,600 Discover It 5,000,] {NFCU goRewards 17,500} Barclaycard 1250.00,]Cap one 750.00 ], Watering my garden for the next five years:-)
EQUIFAX 727 EXPERIAN 732 TRANSUNION 743 FICO} STARTING SCORE....554 July 2013
Message 4 of 6
Av8or

Well, I had no problem signing up for the service online, but I had to call them to get it canceled. When I told her I was canceling because it wasn't accurate. She said that it was because there are 49 different formulas that they use. How the heck does that make it different from a FAKO score? I think they give you an inflated number so you think you're doing good and keep coming back for their service and buying more fake services. What a joke.

Message 5 of 6
couponcrazy619
New Contributor

@Av8or wrote:

Well, I had no problem signing up for the service online, but I had to call them to get it canceled. When I told her I was canceling because it wasn't accurate. She said that it was because there are 49 different formulas that they use. How the heck does that make it different from a FAKO score? I think they give you an inflated number so you think you're doing good and keep coming back for their service and buying more fake services. What a joke.

+2 Av8or

My Fico
EX:660| TU:632 | EQ 671-updated July 2014
Short Term Goal 620's across the board= Meet June 2014
Final Goal: 740's by 2016
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.