cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Score Impact when Judgment falls off

tag
braclark

FICO Score Impact when Judgment falls off

I have a judgment from 2008 due to a Discover Card.  I paid the judgment in 2012 and it has been marked as a "Paid Judgment" since then. The judgment is set to fall off my CRs in February, 2015 and I am curious if anyone knows what kind of jump in score I can expect to see?  Just as a side note I have a mortgage short sale with Wells Fargo that is set to fall off in April, 2015.  We are looking to build a house next summer and are waiting until we can make some more progress with the CRs.  Both my wife and I have scores ranging from 660s-690s.  Any thoughts on what kind of bump I can expect?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
eric19k
Established Contributor

Re: FICO Score Impact when Judgment falls off

Even though it really depends on what else is on you report I think you should at least 40 points and up to 80.
But nobody can predict because Fico is complicated scoring model
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 2 of 5
braclark

A couple of small collection accounts that are over 4 years old as well.  Just hoping to get to 720 for better mortgage rates.

Message 3 of 5
bxfinestcocoa
Valued Member

I actually got one deleted off of my credit report and I had a 40 point jump on my credit reports. I also have 2 charge offs due to fall of next year and a collection. 

Message 4 of 5
nikkiheaven
Contributor

Who knows!  I had a tax lien removed from mine, and received no jump.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.