cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Score Projection

tag
NoTUScore

FICO Score Projection

First wanted to say thank you  Smiley Happy to the people who post on these forums.  About 2 years ago I started on my journey with a 589 and am well on my way to what I hope is north of 700.  I would not have been able to get there without the adivce I found here.  

For the last year I have been working on an OIC and repayment of State taxes.  From these 2 agencies I had 3 liens placed on my report.The liens were for $50k, $6k and $2k.  All 3 of these liens should be cleared in the next 60-90 days and updated to my report as I am in the final stages of my OIC and only have a couple hundred remaining to pay in back state taxes that is tied to two liens.  

Beyond this, I opened up 6 credit cards and had a secured card recently converted to unsecured.  By November, 5 of these cards will be over a year.  But I did get into some debt as going into this month I had $13,500 on my balances but I never missed a payment and often paid 2x to 3x the minimum.  Just this week cleared $12,500 of my credit debt.  While be able to pay the full amount one of my cards has a 0.00% APR that expires in December of this year.  I'll have that paid off in full well before the APR kicks in but right now used that money to pay off my tax stuff.  

That said, my current scores are:

Equifax - 633

TransUnion - 636

Experian - 642

At various points over the last 2 years these scores got as high as 690 and I think most of the decline was due to my debt.  The Fico similator suggested that if I paid down by balances on the card over 24 months my score would have gone to 727.  If I cleared the balances it would go to 697.  I am assuming this factored in my liens.  

So does anyone know how much movement clearing 3 liens off my record could have?  When they are gone I will have no collections and no public records on my report.  Is it realistic for me to think 720 is within reach by the end of the year if I keep on course?  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO Score Projection

@NoTUScore wrote:

So does anyone know how much movement clearing 3 liens off my record could have?  When they are gone I will have no collections and no public records on my report.  Is it realistic for me to think 720 is within reach by the end of the year if I keep on course?  

Any other derogs at all? Charge offs? 30, 60, 90, 120 lates? will your file be completely clean?

Message 2 of 5
NoTUScore

The last negative items are from 2009 on my report and those were 120+.  

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NoTUScore wrote:

That keeps you in the "major derog" scoring bucket.... its generally tough to get much over 700 as long as you are in that bucket, but its certainly possible if you have pretty decent AAoA. You'll see the biggest jump when those last lates drop next year.

Message 4 of 5
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@NoTUScore wrote:

That keeps you in the "major derog" scoring bucket.... its generally tough to get much over 700 as long as you are in that bucket, but its certainly possible if you have pretty decent AAoA. You'll see the biggest jump when those last lates drop next year.

Agreed.

I've peaked at 700 EQ, 687 EX and 675 TU in the last 6 months when I had relatively little debt... less than 3%.

On the flip side... the Ch 13 PR and dozen IIB accounts all fall off at the same time... 10/1/15 for TU and 1/1/16 for EX and EQ if early exclusion holds true.

How many points do you think I'll gain when they drop together?  I've seen reports on these very forums of people getting 90 point increases when a single CO drops off.

I'm not being greedy at all when I say I think I'll be 750 across the board once they fall off...  that would be a 60-80 point gain from where I am now with the items 6+ years into their reporting life...  Right now my AAoA is almost 7 years.  Once everything falls off it should be right around 3-4 years given I still have 5 student loans that are 15 years old to go with the accounts that I've opened since 2013.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.