Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Stimulator

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO Stimulator

Hi Everyone, I am new to this site and wanted to know what the FICO Score Stimulator was.  Can someone please explain?  Please advise.  Thanks so much.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: FICO Stimulator

It basically gives you an estimate of what your scores "could" be if you did certain things to your credit
Message 2 of 8
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

It's just an estimate though
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right. I'm just not sure what that is exactly.  Its saying something about me paying 22 per month on my revolving credit but I really dont know which card they are even talking about.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not an exact card. It's your overall revolving line.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It basically means make on time payments for 22 months. Payment history is 35% of your score so having a positive payment history for nearly 2 years will be favorable to your score.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the accuracy of the simulator
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the accuracy of the simulator
A Ouija board may be more accurate the simulator can only factor in a few data points at one time so it is not all that accurate a measure of changes in scores. I would not rely on it if you are looking to see if something will make a big jump in your scores.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.