Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO change on my credit report....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO change on my credit report....

Yesterday I disputed something on my Equifax CR, and today I get a message from FICO that my credit score has changed..

Sure enough, my score went up 6 points for the dispute......?

It's an HSBC credit card that is set to fall off in July... I'm trying to get my scores up to qualify for a home loan, so I wanted to see if they would do an early deletion..

Does this mean my score will go down once the investigation is over?

Credit scores are so confusing Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO change on my credit report....

On what grounds did you dispute? You should call them and as for a goodwill early exclusion if it is coming off in July. Sometimes you get a rep that is clueless regarding exclusions.  If you get someone like that, ask for a supervisor.

If your score only went up 6 points, one of two things is happening.  1. The score change is fue to another scoring factor. 2. The account isn't hurting you and may very well be helping your score because of the age.  If it is the 2nd reason,  you could see no change or a drop when it is removed.

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Yesterday I disputed something on my Equifax CR, and today I get a message from FICO that my credit score has changed..

Sure enough, my score went up 6 points for the dispute......?

It's an HSBC credit card that is set to fall off in July... I'm trying to get my scores up to qualify for a home loan, so I wanted to see if they would do an early deletion..

Does this mean my score will go down once the investigation is over?

Credit scores are so confusing Smiley Frustrated

Derog accounts never help you in the AAoA category the status of derog always overrides any points gained from AAoA. When you dispute an account certain aspects of the TL are removed from Fico scoring so you could have received a bump while in dispute and if its due to this once it comes out of dispute there would be an equal drop in points. As stated use the early exclusion to get these removed, 6 months in advance of drop date with TU and 2-3 months with the other 2. The early exclusion is not done by disputing you need to call the CRA or write to them and ask explicitly for an early removal of the TL.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.. I will call them on Monday.  TU is AWESOME at early exclusions, so they already deleted it for me. 

Hopefully Equifax will do the same...

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.