tag
sailon
Valued Member

FICO down????

5/23 TU FICO  626

Paid off Cap1 account = 0 balance
Had public record removed

5/26 TU FICO  616

I think this credit "game" as people like to refer to it is like playing a card game against a dealer with a "stacked deck". I'm an adult and as such take responsibility for my decisions and actions. I think its time for the CRA's to take responsibilty for their actions. 
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

Re: FICO down????

How did you find out your scores went down?  Did you get a SW alert?
Message 2 of 11
sailon
Valued Member

No - I pulled my TU om MyFICO today
Message 3 of 11
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

I'm dealing with the same thing right now.  I had a dispute scheduled to be completed on 5/23 and I want to know what happened with my score.  But I haven't pulled my report as of yet. 
Message 4 of 11
sailon
Valued Member

Well, don't be surprised if it doesn't go up. Like I said if I'm going to live with my decisions(good and bad) the least I should expect is to be rewarded when I do something right.
Message 5 of 11
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

I perfectly understand.  About to pull my own report will let you know the results.
Message 6 of 11
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

106 point increase!!! I've joined the 700 club!!!
Message 7 of 11
sailon
Valued Member

Congrats! How did you do that?
Message 8 of 11
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

One bad account got deleted.  My score is shallow but it's still good
Message 9 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

sailon wrote:
5/23 TU FICO  626

Paid off Cap1 account = 0 balance
Had public record removed

5/26 TU FICO  616

I think this credit "game" as people like to refer to it is like playing a card game against a dealer with a "stacked deck". I'm an adult and as such take responsibility for my decisions and actions. I think its time for the CRA's to take responsibilty for their actions. 

Was the CapOne deleted or very recently disputed? If so, that could cause your score to drop due to a change in avg. history.

I'd also look over your other accounts. Maybe utilization as a whole increased causing the drop. Maybe an account was re-aged or updated. Maybe the removal of the PR, if your only one, caused you to be re-bucketed.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.