Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO dropped 7 points! Why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO dropped 7 points! Why?

I am really starting to get discouraged. Nothing different on my EQ other than 2 things....my UTI went from 6% to 5%, and a CLI from $300 to $500 just reported. No new inquiries..nothing. Here I thought these were a good thing...

The only thing I can think of that might make a difference is that I have 5 CC's and only 1 is showing a balance (5%). I usually show a balance on 2 and the rest at $0. Do you think this could be the reason for the drop? Thanks...I think I am becoming obsessed Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO dropped 7 points! Why?

Obsession is a good thing. If obsession meant learning the fine details of FICO scoring and saving thousands on a mortgage because of a better rate, then most of us are guilty as charged.

I hope you didn't mind, but I took a stroll in your past few posts. Based on your siggy, I take it you applied for a mortgage. Could the drop be due to an added inquiry or was the score change discovered as a result of the lender's pull? I noticed you sent DV(s). If you did any repair in between both pulls, then look at the details within each CL, and compare before and after. Specifically look for any date changes. Whenever letters are sent, the OC/CA will opt to update the report (as they should) with their most recent info. If the TL hadn't updated in a long time, then you could see a slight drop.

Message 2 of 4
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

WOW llecs you are thorough...Impressive!

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks IIecs. No, there hasn't been any changes to dates. Everything is the same except the decrease in UTI and CLI. The only thing I can think of is that I only let one CC report a balance and I normally let 2 report out of 5 total. I applied for a mortgage in early June, so that's not the reason either. This score change happened from July 2nd to July 11th. I did send a DV but have heard absolutely nothing from the creditor nor has there been any change to report dates and such. I guess I will just play around with my reporting balances...Thanks for your reply! I appreciate it!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.