Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO or FAKO?

tag
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

FICO or FAKO?

The pinned thread "The Son of Credit Scoring 101" states that transunioncs.com is a TU FICO score but transunion.com is a FAKO.  However, when I click on the link for TUcs.com, it forwards to TU.com.  I had already pulled my CR (all three) from TU.com and was wondering if it is, in fact, a true FICO.

I had applied for a CLI from Barclaycard earlier this month and was denied.  They quoted my TU FICO of 518 from early December and today's pull shows a score of 635.  So, I just want to make sure that's accurate as it seems like a pretty big jump in three months.  (I've been paying down debt but haven't had anything deleted or aged from my CR as far as I know.)

Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO or FAKO?

Interesting! Let me see if I can find out what's going on.

Message 2 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yeah we probably need to update the tread ~ transunioncs.com no longer exists, and just directs you to the Transunion website, and TU doesn't sell a FICO score directly to consumers anymore.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Adalen wrote:

The pinned thread "The Son of Credit Scoring 101" states that transunioncs.com is a TU FICO score but transunion.com is a FAKO.  However, when I click on the link for TUcs.com, it forwards to TU.com.  I had already pulled my CR (all three) from TU.com and was wondering if it is, in fact, a true FICO.

I had applied for a CLI from Barclaycard earlier this month and was denied.  They quoted my TU FICO of 518 from early December and today's pull shows a score of 635.  So, I just want to make sure that's accurate as it seems like a pretty big jump in three months.  (I've been paying down debt but haven't had anything deleted or aged from my CR as far as I know.)

Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy

I would have to believe the scores you purchased from TU were FAKO's especially the EX, no one can purchace their EX FICO since Feb 2009.

If you want to know your true EQ and TU FICO's, I would suggest purchasing them here at myFICO

You can purchase your TU and EQ FICO here, FICO Standard.

Best of Luck.

Message 4 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I have confirmation that the TU FICO score is no longer available at Transunioncs.

Message 5 of 8
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Thanks!  I wasn't aware that you couldn't purchase the EX report.  I do have SW through myFICO and my EQ score upon last update was 591, so that could explain a great deal.  The TU was free but I purchased the other two just for review because I want to make sure everything is paid and it also provided contact information for CAs that I couldn't see with SW.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:

I have confirmation that the TU FICO score is no longer available at Transunioncs.

You are super fast, great information fused.

I'm sure this info will help others if and when deciding weather to purchase scores at Transunioncs.

Message 7 of 8
JohnPTEX
Frequent Contributor

I use TU - it uses the Tranunion Vantage score - I'm grandfathered in to where I can still update all three reports which is why i keep it - honestly, Credit Karma has been my new best friend as its free and runs roughly 10 points lower than my actual FICO - still check FICO here once a quarter though

Starting Score: TU:619 (02/24/2012) - EQ:629 (02/24/2012)
Current Score: TU:632 (06/21/2012) - EQ:672 (06/21/2012)
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.