Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO score difference

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO score difference

Why would my Transunion score be nearly 90 points less than my Equifax score? The account information is listed the same in both, same balance due. I have no collections in either or bankruptcy's etc.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
js0319
Established Contributor

Re: FICO score difference

Have you pulled the CR's from both EQ and TU? 

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 2 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

There are likely one or two differences between the reports that are causing such a large score variance.

Pull both reports from the CRAs and compare them side by side to find what is different.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 5
rena347
New Contributor

This happened to me where the Transunion score was quite a bit lower. It turned out that Transunion was incorrectly reporting a 30 day late from 2006 on a previous mortgage account. Both Experian and Equifax were reporting correctly. I have no idea where Transunion got the incorrect information as the creditor said they were reporting the same info to all 3 credit bureaus.

Message 4 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@pizzadude +1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.