cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO score greatly improved; Any more I can do?

tag
mikeymike1994
Established Member

FICO score greatly improved; Any more I can do?

It seems I've hit a plateau with my FICO scores.  Last year in December of 2013 my FICO scores were as follows: EQ @ 469; EX @ 470 and TU @ 489.

In January of 2015 (13 months later), they are now as follows: EQ @ 625; EX @ 637; and TU @ 671. 

I did that by 1) making sure every bill I have is paid on time every month...no more late payments; 2) paying down my credit card debts to less than 20% utilization and maintaining it at less than 20% (December of last year they were at 90%); 3) opening up new accounts to create a good mix of credit; and 4) challenging as many bad marks as I can on my credit reports .  Most would say I've done a phenomenal job but I still want to do more if there is a possiblity to do more.  However, it looks like I've maxed out how much I can quickly boost up my FICO scores?  It looks like just a waiting game to get to 700 on all three FICO scores? 

There has only been a small rise since September of 2014: EQU @ 615, EX @626; and TU @ 654.    I'll be ready to apply for a VA loan in June (and VA only requires 620 FICO) but I was hoping to be at 700 with all my scores by the time June comes around.  Does anyone have any more ideas, which I haven't used yet, for boosting my scores up some more?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO score greatly improved; Any more I can do?

Do you have any installment credit? Auto loan or student loan would suffice.

Message 2 of 3
mikeymike1994
Established Member

Re: FICO score greatly improved; Any more I can do?

Yes...I have both of those.  I rehabilitated a defaulted student loan.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.