cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO score vs what credit agencies show you online?

tag
rose214
New Contributor

FICO score vs what credit agencies show you online?

When I log into my account on Transunion it shows my score is 649, but when the bank checked my credit they said my FICO score was 613. What is there such a large difference? I need 620 to get approved for a house loan and thought I had it until the bank told me otherwise. any advice on this???

Starting Score 4/3/13 : FICO 612 TU (FAKO)--642 EX (FAKO) - 497 Equifax (FICO) 593
Current Score6/28/13 EX(FAKO) 602, EQuifax (FICO) 615, TU(FICO) 642 EX-(FICO) 657
Goal Score : 700+
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Re: FICO score vs what credit agencies show you online?

Unfortunately the Fakos you get online dont count for anything.  The only ones that matter are the lender pulled ones.  Usually the easiest boost to scores comes from paying down utilization. Have all but one card report a 0 balance and have 1 report less than 9%.  Since your applying for a mortgage I would try to pay for delete some collections, because most likely you will be required to do that before closing anyways.  Just doing those things should give you the score boost you need.

Message 2 of 8
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

Yea those are fakos. My fakos are actually like 1 point higher then my fico. Everyones is different. Only way to get a true fico is from myfico Smiley Happy

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 3 of 8
pakman92
Established Contributor

@mnosal9 wrote:

Yea those are fakos. My fakos are actually like 1 point higher then my fico. Everyones is different. Only way to get a true fico is from myfico Smiley Happy

I would caveat that.

Only 'true' FICO you can get in myFICO is EQ Fico (Beacon 5.0) which is sold here and is consistent with what most of the lenders pull.  TU score here is TU98 which is an older version which very few lenders pull.

Other place you can get real FICO score are:  PSECU (CU in Penn) which will give EX 04 FICO which most lenders pull.  Walmart card will give you free TU08 FICO every month, but that is a newer version very few lenders use.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 4 of 8
rose214
New Contributor

How are they Fakos if they are directly from the credit bureaus? This is from Transunion
Starting Score 4/3/13 : FICO 612 TU (FAKO)--642 EX (FAKO) - 497 Equifax (FICO) 593
Current Score6/28/13 EX(FAKO) 602, EQuifax (FICO) 615, TU(FICO) 642 EX-(FICO) 657
Goal Score : 700+
Message 5 of 8
HiLine
Blogger

@pakman92 wrote:

@mnosal9 wrote:

I would caveat that.

Only 'true' FICO you can get in myFICO is EQ Fico (Beacon 5.0) which is sold here and is consistent with what most of the lenders pull.  TU score here is TU98 which is an older version which very few lenders pull.

Other place you can get real FICO score are:  PSECU (CU in Penn) which will give EX 04 FICO which most lenders pull.  Walmart card will give you free TU08 FICO every month, but that is a newer version very few lenders use.

Very useful information! Could you confirm that most mortage lenders and credit card issuers pull the same FICO score from each CRA? I'm not doubting what you say - just wanted to engrave the fact! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@rose214 wrote:
How are they Fakos if they are directly from the credit bureaus? This is from Transunion

They are not scores derived by Fair Issacs - FICO.  They are the CRAs own version of a score.

Message 7 of 8
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

The score you get directly from Transunion is most likely a Vantage Score. Thats the one I get from there, you can get the same score free from Credit Karma. It runs on a scale of 501-990 while FICO runs from 300-850. While the number they offer is higher, it is actually lower on the scale.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.