Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO score went up nearly 30 points

tag
Hersheykiss
Valued Member

FICO score went up nearly 30 points

My score went up nearly 30 points from settling on a judgement.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Thanks to this forum for educating me on settling debt on my own and not fattening somebody else's pocket to do it.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

Re: FICO score went up nearly 30 points

Wooo Congrats!!! thats awesome news Smiley Happy

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 2 of 11
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Here's a kiss for ya Hershey! 

Message 3 of 11
qd
Regular Contributor

@Hersheykiss wrote:

My score went up nearly 30 points from settling on a judgement.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Thanks to this forum for educating me on settling debt on my own and not fattening somebody else's pocket to do it.

Congratulations on the jump!  Good work!

Message 4 of 11
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the nice bump!!!!

Message 5 of 11
rose214
New Contributor

@Hersheykiss wrote:

Congrats!! Can I ask what you did to settle it? I'm in the process of trying to either pay off or settle a default judgement, any tips would be appreciated.

thanks

Starting Score 4/3/13 : FICO 612 TU (FAKO)--642 EX (FAKO) - 497 Equifax (FICO) 593
Current Score6/28/13 EX(FAKO) 602, EQuifax (FICO) 615, TU(FICO) 642 EX-(FICO) 657
Goal Score : 700+
Message 6 of 11
neptunejcw
Regular Contributor

I just setlled a judgement myself. How long did it take you to see the 30 point increase. I disputed all 3 a few weeks ago & they all are showing settled. Im a wait till next month to look buy my fico scores again & hopefully Im in the 799 club

Message 7 of 11
Chitwngrl
New Contributor

CONGRATS!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score:EQ 653, TU 612, EX 618 (pulled by Mort Broker)
Current Score:EX643TU637EQ659
Goal Score: 700's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 11
Hersheykiss
Valued Member

@rose214 wrote:

@Hersheykiss wrote:

Congrats!! Can I ask what you did to settle it? I'm in the process of trying to either pay off or settle a default judgement, any tips would be appreciated.

thanks

I sent a letter to the CA indicating what I could offer to pay.  They didn't respond, but kept leaving me messages so I decided to call the person that has been calling me for 3 years.  She said there was no way they could take that amount (50%).  The original creditor would not accept it.  Supposedly, she reviewed it with higher-ups and called me back with a counter.  I had to accept it (90% OUCH) because we are building a new home and I needed this off of my record (lien on home).  I didn't have any problems at all dealing with them like some people complain about.  She asked me for my reason for not being able to pay the debt to start with, which was due to business failure  and actually was very understanding and friendly to me.  It wasn't as scary as I had imagined!  One thing I requested was a letter stating that they were settling the debt for the agreed amount.  I then sent them a cashier's check so they would not have my personal banking information.  Keep copies of everything and good luck!

Message 9 of 11
Hersheykiss
Valued Member

@neptunejcw wrote:

I just setlled a judgement myself. How long did it take you to see the 30 point increase. I disputed all 3 a few weeks ago & they all are showing settled. Im a wait till next month to look buy my fico scores again & hopefully Im in the 799 club

I know it jumped within 30 days after payment.  I get score through PSECU monthly.  My husband has one that was paid over a month ago and is still not showing as satisfied.  Some are slower at reporting than others.  

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.