Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO vs. FAKO - So excited!!

tag
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

FICO vs. FAKO - So excited!!

About a month ago, I pulled my Equifax FAKO score directly from Equifax. It was approx. 495 and I was really frustrated because I didn't feel my score should be that low given my credit history. Finally, I decided it was silly to keep looking at FAKOs so I just subscribed to myfico's Score Watch. Guess what... my EQ FICO is really 579... about 80 points higher! I've heard other say that they're FICO was significantly higher than their FAKOs, but I never expected it for me.

Also, how accurate is the Score Simulator??

My "best action" is to pay down 90-100% of my revolving debt over the next 24 months. While I can't do anything about the 24 month part (except be patient of course), I'm already well on my way to paying off all of my CC debt and I hope my util % to start reporting lower in March and be down below 9% in less than 6 months. It said that if I do this best action, my score could be 699 – 739 in 24 months... so exciting if that's actually true!!

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Re: FICO vs. FAKO - So excited!!

I just checked the old EQ FAKO and I stand corrected... it was 476... my EQ FICO is 579... a difference of 104 points!!

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 2 of 4
mauve
Valued Contributor

This is why we don't engage in serious speculation about FAKOs - they're not relevant! 

In the prediction portion, you can select "pay my bills on time for (1, 3, 6, etc) months".  You can also check the "pay down $X" option.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
laz98
Senior Contributor

yep, FAKOs are a huge waste. mine are all significantly higher than my real FICO scores.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.