Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY! 700 CLUB X3

tag
guydiver
Established Contributor

FINALLY! 700 CLUB X3

Well, after almost 6 years of rebuilding I just got my TU Fico above 700 to 715.  Some old 60 day lates dropped off this week and three of my five remaining baddie accounts went to positive status, leaving only a Cap1 CO and a Wells Fargo 90 day in my baddie column. I don't really expect those to go away until April of next year according to my last annualcreditreport.com CR, but I'll just be thankful for the small battles won and continue to wait it out.  Made some changes recently, got my credit union Visa CL increased by 10K and used a no fee balance transfer to close my Sam's Discover.  It's hard to pay down a balance when the GEMB interest rate is about 24%, and my credit union rate is 6.75%, so it was a no-brainer, and they didn't even do a hard pull.  I actually gained points on EQ for that maneuver, even though my overall utilization did not change.  I've decided to leave Cap1 alone and wait it out.  It does not report on my EQ so that is why it is at 750+, and my credit union uses EQ exclusively so I can always get the best rates there.  Don't know my Fico EX, but the CR is basically identical to my TU report, so I figure I am probably 700+ there also.  Historically, TU has always been my lowest score back when I could pull EX.  Feels good to make it over another hill in the rebuilding process......just 6 or 7 months to go for clean reports.  Trying hard to improve my util. as I have plenty of room there for improvement during my gardening stage.  I hope someone out there can read this and see there is light at the end of the tunnel, and 7 years is a long time but it does eventually happen Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Re: FINALLY! 700 CLUB X3

Thanks for sharing. I dream of attaining what you have one day. Some days it seems impossible but I'm committed to this process. I want to have a good life.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 2 of 10
guydiver
Established Contributor

@mAndrew1980 wrote:

Thanks for sharing. I dream of attaining what you have one day. Some days it seems impossible but I'm committed to this process. I want to have a good life.

May all your Fico dreams come true!Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 10
dharalex
Established Contributor

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy CongratulationsSmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

I like getting helpful hints and giving advice, but I love hearing success stories most! I hope to join you in the 700 club soon!

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 10
missji
Regular Contributor

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope to get there next year...Smiley Happy

Gardening as of June 2020. No activity until January 2023 unless it's an auto CLI.
Starting Scores (6/30/2020): EQ 640 | EX 660 | TU 658
Current Scores (05/22/2021): EQ 678 | EX 714 | TU 689
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW - congrats!!!! So happy for you!! I look forward to that day also!!! You inspire me!
Message 6 of 10
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

That's great.  Very exciting.

Message 7 of 10
blackswan22
New Contributor

Congrats!!! What an amazing feeling that must be!!

Starting Score: EQ 495 Ex 585 TU 582
Current Score: EQ 610 EX 662 TU 682
Goal Score: EQ 680 EX 700 TU 710

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 10
guydiver
Established Contributor

@missji wrote:

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope to get there next year...Smiley Happy

I'll be looking forward to seeing that post.  Keep the faith and don't get discouraged.  Make a plan and stick to it.  It will be well worth it when you reach your objective.  Good luck to you.

Message 9 of 10
guydiver
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
WOW - congrats!!!! So happy for you!! I look forward to that day also!!! You inspire me!

So glad to see new members on here trying to improve their credit health.  I didn't find this place until I was in a very bad place credit-wise six years ago.  I must have read a thousand posts before I even joined the forums, and I still read on a weekly if not daily basis, just to keep up my spirits and stay educated.  It has been a long hard road.  I did not get one single baddie removed by GW or dispute. Wells Fargo dropped my major derog to a 90 day, that has been my biggest victory in the battle. Only my student loans fell off early by one year after I disputed the DOFD.  Everything else has been wait.....wait.....wait.   Should be in the clear by next April I think.  Best of luck to you, and don't forget to keep us posted on your progress. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.