cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY!!! Credit One Bank Success!!!

tag
TSB71
Established Member

Re: FINALLY!!! Credit One Bank Success!!!

I would love for you to PM this information.  I need to try something there too.  Did you have any luck with the others?

Starting Score: 594
Current Score: 601
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 31 of 47
ecindc

Could you please send any info you have about what worked for you with Credit One? My husband had his card information stolen two years ago and was contacted by Credit One Bank saying that they had a breach in security that was "significant enough" for them to issue a new card. It said not to use the card anymore and that they would send a replacement card. Then we received the credit card statement for that month which showed fraudulent charges that were made through companies in Europe and Australia. We thought all was taken care of...

Now his credit report lists the stolen card as a charged-off account with payments on the stolen card stopping the month that it was supposedly closed by Credit One. We weren't aware of this, but the charged-off account was then sold to LVNV Collections Agency with an extra $100+ tacked on to the account.

We have the letter from Credit One and a copy of the statement that has the fraudulent charges - now we're trying to track down the correct department/person to get the listing removed from my husband's credit report through Credit One since it shouldn't have gone to collections in the first place. Any info you could send my way would be much appreciated. We're trying to get approved for a mortgage and need to get that negative account off of his report.

Thanks!

Message 32 of 47
chevyman
Contributor

Was credit one a CO
Message 33 of 47
rose214
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did a number of things with this account, so I'm not completely sure which one worked, but this is what I did, and the paid charge-off was deleted from all 3 reports....

Disputed credit one account with all 3 bureaus via CMRRR

after I received a "validated/verified" response from all 3 bureaus, I sent a dispute to credit one bank (623 dispute)

at the same time that I did this, I sent a MOV (611) to all three bureaus

Credit One sent a letter stating that the account was verified

at this time, I still did not receive the MOVs from the bureaus

I sent a letter via CMRRR to Credit One requesting that they send me all documents pertaining to my account

I sent a GW email to the CEO of credit one

Charge-off removed a little over a month later!!!!

If you need any contact info, let me know and I can PM you the info...everyone in this forum has been so nice to help, and I don't mind paying it forward!!!

I know its been a little while since you posted this, but do you by chance have the email to the CEO of credit one still? I'm trying to get 2 late payments removed as a GW from 2010 and have had no luck with my other routes

thanks

Starting Score 4/3/13 : FICO 612 TU (FAKO)--642 EX (FAKO) - 497 Equifax (FICO) 593
Current Score6/28/13 EX(FAKO) 602, EQuifax (FICO) 615, TU(FICO) 642 EX-(FICO) 657
Goal Score : 700+
Message 34 of 47
xcallmeclayx
New Contributor

I would really appreciate it if someone could PM me the information as well. I have a PAid/Derogatory on my account that I'm hoping I could get removed with a GW letter.

Starting Score 5/10/2012: EQ: 631 EX: 570 TU: 583
Current Score: EQ: 710 (MyFico) EX: 740 (CreditInform) TU: 709 (WalMart)
NEW Goal Score: 750 All Across 1st Goal: Achieved 6/7/2013 690 All Across

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 35 of 47
ZULS03

I KNOW THIS IS AN OLD POST BUT IF ANYONE CAN PROVIDE ME THE CONTACT INFORMATION  FOR CREDITONE I WOULD BE SOOOO GREATFUL! THANKS IN ADVANCE

Message 36 of 47
jaeroc
Established Member

If anyone could PM the credit one email contacts that would be awesome thanks

Message 37 of 47
Jchrist75
New Visitor

Can I get emails for credit one also
Message 38 of 47
ONEPICKYONE
New Contributor

Can I please get the information you used? I am having a hard time with them. Also, what are the numbers you refer to (ex: 611)?

Message 39 of 47
PerfectXpression

Congrats, that's MAJOR! I've been working on getting Credit One off of my report for over 3 years!! Would you mind sending me any contact addresses/info that you used? Thanks!

Goal by 2/1/14: 750's across the board!
Current Scores (lender pull): TU:683/EX:680/EQ:645 (as of 3/4/14)
Starting Scores: TU:513 / EQ: 564 / EX: 574 (as of 12/1/2011)
Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.