Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY !!! Rid of Midland and all their BS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FINALLY !!! Rid of Midland and all their BS

After 4 painstaking knock down drag out hard work, I'm finally free of 6 Midland collections, thank you TU for deleting them all but one, and it's reporting as closed (starting making payments with the OC even when their CSR's tell you "we cant accept payments" - (which was Fingerhut btw, I started direct bill paying from my bank, when I realized if I logged into my account it still showed a balance) - but back to the point at hand FREE of Midland *insert middle finger emoji here* lol NOW I just need EX and EQ to follow suit.. althought I'm afraid EQ is going to be the hard one to get them gone.

All that's left is FPB - what pain that one is, that one is worse than the other 6 combined ... WOOO still a day to celllllllebrate lol

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FINALLY !!! Rid of Midland and all their BS

How did you get your Midland collections removed?
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I understand the OP paid the original debt and had TU remove the collections because the collection agency was reporting something paid.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
From what I understand the OP paid the original debt and had TU remove the collections because the collection agency was reporting something paid.

That's only true with the one ... The rest I disputed with TU,, one by one and had collections from HSBC, HSBC Nevada, Tribute, Salute and First Bank of Delaware, deleted and removed, primarily I know that collections were not allowed via FTC vs CompuCredit which was Salute and FNBD were not allowed to have been sold to collections, so I believe Midland may have faked the debt trying to make money and TU deleted it immediately now all that's really left is First Premier Bank and we have all read what a PITA they are to deal with - hopefully it's next - believe me persistence is the key ... Since Feb I've had 12 things deleted from my credit report - it's been a long battle ... And I'm very close to winning the war Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job on getting rid of them..

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good job on getting rid of them..

Thanks it's been quite the pain in the arse, only have 3 things left to get rid of, one falls off in Aug, i have my fingers crossed on two goodwill letters/emails... Not gonna head down this road ever again lol

Message 6 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nicely done, grats to all your success

Emoticon-Thumbs Up.png

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

Nicely done, grats to all your success

Emoticon-Thumbs Up.png

Thanks !! Now if i can just get EQ to quit verifing it and delete it too, I'm about 90% sure EX already has deleted them too Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: All gone from TU, all gone but 2 from EX and EQ - HELP ! lol on EX there are being reported as "closed" but TU deleted them, i don't quite understand, how can one CR delete it and it gets reported back to the other 2 as closed and doesn't help my score any.... One is fingerhut, (and it was recalled) and the othe ris HSBC Nevada and the HSBC isn't even on my CR anymore, it hasn't been for years... all EX and EQ keep doing is verifying it... all thoughts and suggestions here would be greatly appreciated 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the debt is still unpaid, it can still show up on your credit report so long as it remains unpaid for 7 1/2 years from the DOFD. 

However, sometimes it will pop back up after that when 3rd parties buy an old debt and try to re-age it. Then, it's up to you to dispute it and prove it's real age or get them to somehow delete it. That's why it's best to pay it and keep proof of payment.

I know people will say that they can't do that, BUT THEY DO!!! Take it from the girl who at one time had over $50K in medical bills. Even after they're paid off, they're re-sold. I have a group of them right now that have been purchased by Allied in Michigan that have been "verified" on dispute with the credit bureaus EVEN WHEN THEY WERE SENT PROOF OF PAYMENT WITH THE DISPUTE. Keep in mind, I never received any info from Allied (probably because they don't have our current info). I then disputed directly with Allied sending them proof of payment. It's been over 30 days. The debts remain and we've heard nothing. I'm now about to file disputes with the BBB and CFPB against them for these debts.

BECAUSE I PAID, I have a solid case with the CFPB and know that they'll be deleted quickly when I get to this level. Had we not paid, we'd be out of luck at this point and they'd just be stuck on our credit despite being from 2002.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.