Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY!! They are going to remove it!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FINALLY!! They are going to remove it!!

I've been going back and forth with AFNI collections to update an account on my credit report since I filed bankruptcy. They updated it and put it to a $0 balance but left it in an open status. I've sent a few emails to them regarding the situation as well as disputed it on my credit reports to the point that the credit bureaus won't let me dispute it anymore. LOL I did one last hurrah last week and sent another email to the collection agency basically telling them if it isn't corrected, I'm going to get a lawyer. I got this back a few days ago! SUCCESS!!! Smiley Happy 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FINALLY!! They are going to remove it!!

Congrats!!! I just had a couple of things removed completely, so I know how good it feels. Be patient though. When they say 30-60 days, they mean closer to the 60. It'll feel like any eternity, but if they said they'll remove it..... they will.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wish I could do the online dispute still and send the CRA's the letter. They won't let me dispute the same thing over again though. haha

Message 3 of 4
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

What a great outcome, Nikki!

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.