Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY!!!!!

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

FINALLY!!!!!

Dear j_casteel,

Our office is in receipt of infromation regarding the above-referenced account. Our client reviewed this account, and in the interest of customer service, this account has been removed from collections. A request was sent to the three national credit bureaus to have this account removed from your credit file. This account is closed with our office.

Should you require any additional information, you may contact Collection Agency at 1-800-123-4567

Sincerely,

Collection Agency

I have been working for a long time to get this removed from my credit reports. This was an incorrect collection placed on my reports by a cable company back in 2007. Every time i disputed it they would just supply info showing that the account was paid, but I never actually paid it and the fee's were credited to my account, but the cable company just reported it as if i paid it. So, after several disputes, long phone calls, and assertiveness the collection has finally been removed. Yay!! No more collections and/or public records on my reports!!!!

-John

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FINALLY!!!!!

Congrats!

Message 2 of 11
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Congrats!

thanks...now i will continue to work on GW some old paid CO's  until they fall in 2yrs anyway...after that my file will be awesome!

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 3 of 11
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

if this doesn't update my SW score than I don't know what will!!!

My other 2 scores have been coming up great, but SW hasn't changed since 7/18/12. Maybe this is what I needed for a nice boost?!?

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 4 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If the removal of this collection results in a score increase, and that increase surpassed your target score (provided nothing else triggers an alert), then you'll see a change. ETA....sometimes the alerts take up to a week because your FICO is only monitored weekly if there are no other changes.

Message 5 of 11
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats!!!!

Message 6 of 11
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

If the removal of this collection results in a score increase, and that increase surpassed your target score (provided nothing else triggers an alert), then you'll see a change. ETA....sometimes the alerts take up to a week because your FICO is only monitored weekly if there are no other changes.

yeah, i have it setup to alert me for pretty much any changes. my target score is set to my current score.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 7 of 11
DrivenDoctoress
Valued Member

Congratulations!! I love hearing these successes because it makes me think it's possible. I still have yet to get something removed but I'm trying my little heart out!

Thanks for sharing. :-)

Starting Scores July 2012: EQ FICO 645, TU FICO 636, EXP (CCT) 638
Feb 2015 Scores: EQ FICO 758, TU FICO 753, EX 749
Message 8 of 11
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@DrivenDoctoress wrote:

Congratulations!! I love hearing these successes because it makes me think it's possible. I still have yet to get something removed but I'm trying my little heart out!

Thanks for sharing. :-)

Thanks and good luck! It can be a PITA but don't give up.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 9 of 11
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

EQ really taking their sweet time updating this removal. No changes since mid July and I called them today and they said they were still processing everything!

It's the only score I'm worried about right now cause its been stuck and the other 2 have been steadily increasing.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.