Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINDING DOFD'S

tag
BIRDWRITER
Regular Contributor

FINDING DOFD'S

Hi, I'm a newbie and I'm reading everything I can to learn on these boards, but I'm still confused on one basic point:

I've pulled all three of my FICO's from MYFICO. None of the reports show a DOFD, or a scheduled delete date for my baddies. The reports usually show a DOLA, but those are mostly recent since I've been paying them off. (Almost all OC's, only one CA which I won't pay).

How can I find out when they're scheduled to drop off? I think some are nearly 7 years old, but I'm not sure. I don't want to waste a ton of energy GW'ing any that will drop off shortly anyhow. I don't want to contact the OC's and do something stupid since I'm still not clear on the concept. =P

Thanks in advance for any advice!

PS: I don't need the TL, so I don't care if they go away completely.  All of them are PIF/severe lates.Smiley Tongue
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cw81
Frequent Contributor

Re: FINDING DOFD'S

It will be best if you got your reports from the CRA's themselves not myfico there is more accurate detail .
Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You can find drop off dates on the reports pulled directly from TU and EX only (not from here). You'd have to call for EQ. DOFD can easily be calculated by subtracting 7 yrs from that drop off date.

All CAs and public records have this date. Some OCs have this date, however if the account can be converted into a good account, then you'd have to rely on your records mostly to come up with a DOFD. Accounts without the date will change over to a good account and remain on for an additional 3 yrs beyond the first 7.

If you don't find any drop off dates, and you know for certain you are at 7 yrs, then I wouldn't GW them out of fear of the creditor deleting it instead.
Message 3 of 4
BIRDWRITER
Regular Contributor

Ahhhh, now I understand.  I thought a credit report was a credit report...didn't realize the info might differ depending on where they were pulled from.

Thanks, you guys are the best!Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.