Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIRST PREMIER BANK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FIRST PREMIER BANK

On 1/27/2017 I pulled a copy of my credit report and noticed I had a chargeoff from FPB. I disputed with the credit bureaus as no knowlege of account. I honestly cant remember opening up this money hungry account. All came back verified. So I sent FPB a 623 dispute and they sent me 3 statements which was the life of the account. I filed a BBB complaint asking for a copy of my application showing my signature and basically I was told they wasnt obligated to send everything I asked for. All I wanted was a copy of the application and what was owed on the account. Today I get in the mail a affidavit of unauthorized use for me to fill out and sign. What I need to know is should I send it or not? Im afraid they could copy and paste my signature for a fake application. All I want to know if my signature is on a application, I will be held accountable for it and if It isnt I will then get a police report for ID theft. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: FIRST PREMIER BANK

After reviewing the statements that they sent, do you legitimately conclude that you never had any such account?

Are you willing to make that assertion in a sworn statement before a law enforcement agency, which carries penalties for any knowingly false statement?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I am saying I don't recall opening up an account with FPB. And for example lets say I did then I go the route of getting a police report, thats FRAUD, and I wouldnt do such a thing for a $400+ card. All I want to see if my signature is on the application then I would be happy to pay them to get this over with. They sent 3 statments for that account and when I ask for a copy of the application they told me they wasnt obligate to send everything. But they now wants my signature for a affidavit. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

And after reviewing the statements it was for some 1 charge and the rest was fees added. They said the account never received any payments.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting since you say you cannot recall opening the account.  If it was indeed an identity theft issue, I would file a police report immediately, although one would have to believe if it was set up as a theft they would have made more than one charge. 

Any old emails or anything around that timeframe of the account opening?  Junk email even?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only emails I was getting from FPB were about preapprovals. They didnt even know my real name, they addressed me by my email name. Something interesting I just heard when I asked this question in another forum. I was basically told that statements are not enough for a 623 verification, which I kind of figured. Also I should send a letter back to FPB requesting a certified copy of the application and state my states's 
UCC 3-501 is the "show me the note" statute, anyone knows whats that all about?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was 1 charge of $225, and the limit was $300. I saw on the same statement was some $75 fee from FPB

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting since you say you cannot recall opening the account.  If it was indeed an identity theft issue, I would file a police report immediately, although one would have to believe if it was set up as a theft they would have made more than one charge. 

Any old emails or anything around that timeframe of the account opening?  Junk email even?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update* But I was able to get it DELETED!
Message 8 of 9
jrubedjmp311
New Contributor

how

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.