Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FInally a success!!!

tag
earena
Contributor

FInally a success!!!

I was so discouraged last month, I paid off all my debt adn expected to see the scores jump. Exactly one day after I paid, one of m store cards reported a payment as late!! Equifax dropped 41 points. I called and they promised that once they reported this month, it would report correctly. When my 3 credit cards finally reported a lower balance from 93% to 1% I gained.... 3 points.... Well that store card finally reported paid as agreed no lates and the balance at $0 and I just got an alert that my score jumped 90 points!! Smiley Happy I have been waiting for this to apply for a NFCU card. Score went from 555 to 645, so it's now or never. Should I wait a few days to make sure everything updates?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
enragedjerry
Contributor

Re: FInally a success!!!

Congratulations. That credit usage was high. Yikes!!
cmony787
Regular Contributor

Congrats! I'd suggest heading over to Credit Card boards and see what scores other people are reporting when approved for NFCU products.....that will give you an idea of whether or not to apply
Message 3 of 5
earena
Contributor

Just an update. I got the NFCU cash rewards!! With a $8200 SL😀
Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@earena wrote:
Just an update. I got the NFCU cash rewards!! With a $8200 SL😀

grats

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.