Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIrst Federal Collections

tag
Newstart122014
New Contributor

FIrst Federal Collections

Hello,

I've been browsing on this site for years and I am ready to start the cleaning process with my CR. I noticed a few posted links about First Federal Credit. I literally was just headed to the post office to mail them (3) PFD totaling $256.00 (my offer) the total debts are ($566), can someone advise me on if this is a wise idea. vs...DV

I really want them off....

Thank you so much....

you response will be much appreciated!

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

Re: FIrst Federal Collections

A DV will put a cease of collection bar until they respond. This will not allow them to negotiate any settlements or PFD. They do not have a time limit on responding to your DV unless you live in Texas. Have they sent you a dunning notice? If they haven't, any dv you send will be considered timely. If you know this account is accurate and need it off. I would do a pfd. A DV can possibly delay any transactions between you and the CA. A dv is always first option for good paper trail and you expressing your rights but its not always good option for quick results.
Message 2 of 4
Newstart122014
New Contributor

Thanks gonna send PFD! I'll keep you posted!

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A DV would only impose a cease collection bar if sent within 30 days of their dunning notice.  An untimely dunning notice will not impose a cease collection bar.

Would your DV be timely at this point.

No DV, even if a resident of Texas, has a requirement under the FDCPA for response within 30 days.

Texas residents have separate state provision for sending a similar request for validation under their state code.  It is that separate request that has a period for response.  It does not apply to DVs under the FDCPA.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.