cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMCC profit and loss write off reporting every other month , amount increasing each time.

tag
dlbomber1
Established Member

FMCC profit and loss write off reporting every other month , amount increasing each time.

So I have a debt that I am considering making a settlement offer yet I am noticing they keep updating my report every other month or so increasing the amount so it looks like a new account. It started off as 10k now its 15k over a period of time. The balance keeps increasing randomly as reported.I have tried to dispute this yet it continues to remain. I have asked for it to be validated yet I never receive paperwork it just continues to remain.

A delinquency has appeared on your credit report.
Here are the details of this delinquency:

Reported By:TransUnion

Reported On:01/30/2011

Account Number:4105****

Amount Delinquent:15570

Payment Status/Method of Payment:Collection/Chargeoff

Creditor's Name:Profit and loss write-off

Industry Type:Automobile Financing Company

Address:POB 542000

OMAHA, NE 68154

1. - Is this a violation of the fair credit act?

2. - Is there something i can do ?

3. - The amounts are reported differently across all 3 reporting agencies.

Any help on this is totally  appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FMCC profit and loss write off reporting every other month , amount increasing each time.

@dlbomber1 wrote:

1. - Is this a violation of the fair credit act?

2. - Is there something i can do ?

3. - The amounts are reported differently across all 3 reporting agencies.

Any help on this is totally  appreciated.

1 - Even when CO'd, the lender can continue to update new lates and added interest to the loan balance each month. When they do that, the dates will change on the TL reflecting that a change was made. It doesn't make it report any longer than what it is now and will still fall off as planned. The date that cannot change is DOFD.

2 - I would save up and offer a PFD. Make sure you are past SOL or, if not, make sure you have the $$$ saved to the side before doing anything.

3 - The amounts might be different because the CRAs may be slow at updating. Score-wise, it doesn't matter...add $10k or slash by $10k, the score wouldn't change. I wouldn't fret about that. I'd focus on getting it removed though.

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: FMCC profit and loss write off reporting every other month , amount increasing each time.

+1

I would be concerned with a coillection referral by the OC after the CO, thus adding a new CA to your CR.

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@RobertEG wrote:

+1

I would be concerned with a coillection referral by the OC after the CO, thus adding a new CA to your CR.

...or a judgment.

Message 4 of 5
dlbomber1
Established Member

They have already placed the judgement as well........  Yet I am about to offer a settlement PFD. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.