cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO AMEX Preapproved - junk or sign of progress?

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

FNBO AMEX Preapproved - junk or sign of progress?

Ive finally started getting preapprovals in mail a little while ago.  Ive gotten JCP, Fingerhut, auto dealer and Walmart (mind this was after I had already been approved for the card).  While the fact that I started getting preapprovals is a step in the right direction its not like I was getting Citi or Chase preapproval offers in mail.  Today, I received preapproval offer from FNBO for their AMEX card.

Is this more of the same or is it a new step in the right direction for my rebuild.  I really do not know anything about First National Bank of Omaha.  I'm in garden till refi so I'll not apply but I wanted to know more about them and whether this is a respectable preapproval or more junk mail?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: FNBO AMEX Preapproved - junk or sign of progress?

I think all preapprovals are junkmail. You are on a list along with many thousands of other "preapprovals." You are not in fact prequalified or guaranteed to get the card. The list is probably generated by analyzing statistical characteristics of a huge sample and you were put into a probability percentage that got the offers.

As a side note: junkmail sent out expects very low responses.  If 10% of the junk mail is even opened or looked at, and 2% of the recipients take an action, the junkmail campaign is a success in the eyes of the marketers.

So, I personally don't think your preapproval application is that much more special than the offer for bundled internet, phone and tv service or any other "special offer" you get in the mail with your name on it.

Message 2 of 5
firstladyd
Contributor

I remember somewhere here in the forum ( I think CC) someone mentioned them and their opinion of them was not good. A few others chimed in with same opinion as OP. U should look em up in search.

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Message 3 of 5
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

From what I've read here, FNBO is one of the harder ones to get in with.

You'll start getting really good ones soon...they just need to sell your info a few more times...lol

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 4 of 5
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

As long as I get some good ones that I can use and are still active in June for after refi.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.