Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Secured Overstock

tag
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

FNBO Secured Overstock

I got an email inviting me to apply for this card. I have the co branded card with Comenity now, which is fine but building a relationship with FNBO might be a good idea. Should I opt for the secured version or garden it out for the regular one? Card and score info in siggy.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FNBO Secured Overstock

@lindsaydruart wrote:

I got an email inviting me to apply for this card. I have the co branded card with Comenity now, which is fine but building a relationship with FNBO might be a good idea. Should I opt for the secured version of garden it out for the regular one? Card and score info in siggy.

Scores seem kinda low.  I would wait a few months, let scores improve then look at applying.  Would hate for you to use a HP and be turned down. 

Message 2 of 7
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

I'm suffering from an app spree last month so they should bounce back up in a month or so. I think I might wait on the regular version. The secured take 11 months to graduate. Anyone had it graduate sooner?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's a whole thread on the forum about the card.  Since your already on their radar, maybe in a few months, you will be offered one of their unsecured cards.  I've come to the conclusion that gardening is hard, especially with reading all the approvals on the forum.  Probably will cut back on coming unto the forum for a couple of months.  Good luck Lindsay.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lindsaydruart wrote:

I got an email inviting me to apply for this card. I have the co branded card with Comenity now, which is fine but building a relationship with FNBO might be a good idea. Should I opt for the secured version or garden it out for the regular one? Card and score info in siggy.

No, IMO you have too many store cards already. Instead, app for a second Capital One card.

Message 5 of 7
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

That makes sense but does my business card count as my second? I have the Spark Classic.

@Anonymous wrote:

@lindsaydruart wrote:

No, IMO you have too many store cards already. Instead, app for a second Capital One card.

That makes sense but does my business card count as my second? I have the Spark Classic.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lindsaydruart wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lindsaydruart wrote:

I have no idea how the Spark cards report. If it reports to your personal credit history like any other card then thats fine.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.