cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP Charge off showing past due. Advice needed.

tag
KKCHANCE2
Valued Member

Re: FP Charge off showing past due. Advice needed.

I too had the same issue. FP had my account listed as DOFD as 8/11, which I know is not true-should be much older like 2010 or maybe even 2009. I PIF the account w/FP because it was counting towards my UTIL on myfico, disputed w/CRA by providing them a copy of letter received from FP stating accout was PIF/Chargeoff, and they updated the reporting to $0, so now, I am not sure what to do other than GW.

Message 11 of 16
casmith1980
Established Contributor

GW, GW, GW Smiley Happy

It looks like FP is going to be receiving a BUNCH of GW letters in about a week Smiley Happy 

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 12 of 16
thirtyshort
New Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

I was in the same situation, I tried a PFD but there was no love. The tradeline was killing me it wasnt counted as a 30 or even a 60 day nothing just delequent. So I sucked it up and paid it. Nothing worse than equifax reporting you as delequent on a balance, as soon as it updated a few days ago my Ficos jumped by about 30 points. Well worth the $300 bucks IMO.

Did you pay them or the outside CA?  I just called them now and they verified that they own the debt but refuse to take my money and want me to call the CA.  Honestly I'm worried that contacting the CA will cause them to report it.

Message 13 of 16
casmith1980
Established Contributor

if it were me, I'd mail them (FP) a check for the amount owed, and be done.  TRUST ME, they WILL cash it.  The CA they are referring to is going to add fees and such that you don't need to be bothered with. 

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 14 of 16
thirtyshort
New Contributor

I will probably just mail them the check.  I hope the CA does not pop up on my credit  when I do pay them.

Message 15 of 16
slund5499
Established Contributor

I agree. PIF the  account will help in utilization and will get the past due balance brought back to zero.

Fp did the same to me. opened in 2009, charged off in 2011. Reporting past due $373 in a chagred off status. Account notes state a profit/loss write off - sold or transfered to another lender. In this case Jefferson Capital.

For the same of argument, I decided to pay off the account directly to FP and by pass the collection agency altogether. I was informed via telephone that FP does not own the account and I would have to settle with Jefferson Capital.

I know better than to go the route the OC suggests. I figured by paying the account in full directly, I bypass the possibility of Jefferson Capital listing the collectiona ccount. I, also, assumed that I would have abetter chance of getting the CO status removed once they post paid in full with a zero balance.

Knowing FP, they will still list as a charge off....and that gives me ammunition for a dispute action.

Anyone care to crrect my thinking here?

In the garden since 02/1/23. Newest Account AU Discover It 10K
02/23 Scores; EQ 608 TU 642 EX 575 CCU: 20%, Inq. 2, 1, 2 Collections $39K
Lending Club: newest account 2/3/23. Old Fico 1/17 EQ 530 TU 542 EX 512

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.