cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FUSTRATED! Sent a DV and in return the CA put it on another credit report. Help!

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

FUSTRATED! Sent a DV and in return the CA put it on another credit report. Help!

I have a dental charge of $150.00 that my insurance did not pay.  I did not know this and my dentist went out of business and sold my account to a CA 4 years ago.  The CA is actually only one person.. the president the CEO etc.  he works for himself and is a terrible person.  I have been trying for 4 years to get this off my equifax report.

I mailed another DV and now he has posted another $150.00 on my experian report for the date of 4/1/11.  Is that legal for him to do that for something that is 4 years old?

One other important piece.... they HAVE NOT answered my DV!  So this means they have no proof I owe the money.  Please help

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: FUSTRATED! Sent a DV and in return the CA put it on another credit report. Help!

What is the $150 for? 

Yes, they can continue to add interest but they can't charge you another payment.

Until they answer your DV they are not supposed to continue collection activity.  Reporting to the CRA is considered collection activity.

Message 2 of 6
glamchick
Established Contributor

Re: FUSTRATED! Sent a DV and in return the CA put it on another credit report. Help!

It was for a dentist bill about 4 years ago.  The dentist no longer exists and he sold it to a mean CA .  There is no interest acruing he has just added the $150.00 bill to my experian report.  It was originally only on my equifax report.

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Sorry, I misunderstood your post.  But, yes, as long as the 7.5 years have not passed it can be added to any of the CRAs.

But since he has not answered your DV he is not supposed to.  Seems it would be a violation.

Message 4 of 6
glamchick
Established Contributor

So what is my next step?  Another DV?

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You could.

Maybe a nice letter quoting the FTC opinion about reporting before answering a DV is in violation and see what happens.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.