Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fabco PFD?

tag
Bleety17
Regular Contributor

Fabco PFD?

Has anyone here had any recent  luck with getting FABCO to agree to delete a collection?

Fabco was collecting $1050 from an old apartment. bill. I disputed it and they came back and found an error with the amount I owe. The new amount I owe is now $860.

so there truly was an error on what they were reporting. I have tried to get a PFD, but they wouldn't budge.

any tips on what I should do next?

USAA Mastercard-$2000 USAA Visa-$2000 USAA SC-$600 NFCU-$12500 Walmart-$3500 BestBuy $1000 Navcheck 3000

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Fabco PFD?

A dispute of accuracy of reporting only applies to the specific info that was disputed.

If it is an element of the account, such as balance, inaccuracy is not a basis for compelling deletion of the account itself.

The proper procedure to continue to pursue your PFD request.

Becomng confrontational by asserting that deletion is mandated when it is not will likely not promote their good will acceptance of a PFD.

Most furnishers establish a no-deletion policy to ensure compliance with their credit reporting agreements, as the CRAs include as a term of their agreements that furnishers agree not to delete reporting based on payment of the debt.

To obtain an exception to that standard policy usually requires approval by a management official.

I would advise sending your renewed PFD directly to someone at the executive management level.

Message 2 of 3
Bleety17
Regular Contributor

Re: Fabco PFD?

Called in again today and spoke to one of the managers. He informed me that they will delete, but was unable to send me anything in writing.

He explained that it would show paid in full, but they will delete shortly after.

USAA Mastercard-$2000 USAA Visa-$2000 USAA SC-$600 NFCU-$12500 Walmart-$3500 BestBuy $1000 Navcheck 3000

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.