Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing Arbitration with Jefferson Capital Systems....Need advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Facing Arbitration with Jefferson Capital Systems....Need advice

Thank you for finding the dates of that ruling. I wasn't sure as I don't believe that card company even exists.

Also, thanks for trying to help. Much appreciated!

The free consultation attorney stated his fee's would be more than what I am being sued for, so it would be in my best interest to deal with it myself.

Message 11 of 16
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Emerge was one of the cards in the ruling too. Good luck, Try settling if you can,

Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might check with naca.org for a low cost consumer attorney. Also make sure to read this free ebook by Peter Holland. You might also get some good advice on defense strategies from www.debtorboards.com

The results of Equifax's 'investigation' is irrellevant. Don't even bring it up. Their investigation simply amounts to ASKING the collection agency if their information matches whats on the consumers credit file. Its useless in terms of evidence.

Make them PROVIDE EVIDENCE of any supposed payments made - sounds like they are simply trying to reset the SOL just in case they get nowhere with the current case.

Make them provide a VALID chain of custody of the account.
Make them bring in witnesses to the validity of the account.

These are things you would do in a court case, but I'm not sure how they apply to arbitration - is it binding arbitration or non-binding arbitration?

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the links and advice on this, Norman. I will look into them. I am having internittent internet issues right now.

I do not know the difference between a binding and non-binding arbritation but will look it up as soon as my internet will stay connected.

Thank you!

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Difference is that with binding arbitration the decision is legally binding and enforceable by the courts. Non-binding is where the arbiter (the neutral third party) merely determines liability and is essentially removed from the actual settlement details.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks to be non-binding.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.