Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fair Collections IN and Out (FCO) & rebuilding questions

tag
720wannabe
Established Member

Fair Collections IN and Out (FCO) & rebuilding questions

Hi everyone and thanks so much for this forum.  I'm learning so much as I begin this rebuilding process and have a few questions.

I haven't had any credit in nearly years due to a divorce and deadbeat ex that never paid child support.  Finally, I'm at a point where I can see an end and want to rebuild my credit.  

I applied for and got a Capital one unsecured card with a $300 CL in October 2012.  That is all of the revolving credit on my account.  

The bads:

I have a dismissed chapter 13 that my report says is scheduled to fall off in April of 2013.

I have a CO from a credit union which was a 2nd mortgage of over 9K  that DOFD was 3/2006 to be removed 2/2013

I have a negative from a bank that was a mortgage that is reported as bad- basically the house was sold by the bank so marked as paid as agreed.  DOFD says n/a  but date of last payment shows as 10/2006.  THat must have been the date they sold the house because I know I stopped paying on it months before that.  It only shows on EQ so I don't know when it will be removed.  Should I write EQ and ask them to remove it because of the date or wait?

Fair Collections In and Out - $1900 - for an apartment- Scheduled to be removed 6/2014.  I have never heard from this company and this amount is not correct by any means.  I did not pay my last months rent of about $1200 because I was broke and knew I was moving out at the end of my lease and because I had left a deposit of one months rent.  I left the apartment is excellent cleaned condition.  So I have no idea where this comes from and at this point I don't feel it would be in my best interest to call and bring all this up.  At the time, I lived in Georiga and moved to California at the end of my lease. I now reside in FLorida.  I assume the SOL is up - but not sure if it would be based on Georgia, Califorina or FLorida.  I've written a DV letter but have not mailed it- wanted to get your thoughts on this one.  I've heard they are jerks to deal with.

I found an EOS CCA account for like $700 from 2010 and I know for sure I had not opened a phone account with them during this time. I have been on my current husbands phone bill for over 6 years.  I actually took a chance yesterday and wrote BBB and got a response today that they will delete it from all three.  SO hoping that one will be gone soon.

I also have lots of goods from many years ago from American Express, DIscover, Cap ONe, etc.  

I know I need more credit and applied for Barclays and also Walmart a few weeks ago but was declined.  Should I wait longer and apply for something else?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

Starting Score: 1 EX681EQ 665 TU566
Current Score: 4/10/13 EQ Fico 666 EX764 (PLUS) TU FICO 699
Goal Score: Fico 750 EX750EQ 750 TU750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Capital One Platinum $3300 Sportsmans Guide VIsa 2200 Ann Taylor Mastercard 1500 FCCU 5500 Victorias Secret 500 One stop Plus 500 HSN 1500 Express 350

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.