Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fair Collections & Outsourcing help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair Collections & Outsourcing help

I have a mark on my credit report from Fair Collections & Outsourcing from 9/2010. The amount is $5,320. This was for a broken lease. The apartment complex added a bunch of other charges that weren't correct which is why the high amount. I only owed them for a couple months rent. I am trying to get this settled but they don't seem to be budging for anything less than $3,989.93. I want to do a PFD but they only seem to be wanting to settle in full. Has anyone else had any luck with them? Also, how much does this help my credit report if I do finally come to an agreement where I pay them and they mark it as paid in full? Does that help my score a lot or not very much?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Fair Collections & Outsourcing help

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a mark on my credit report from Fair Collections & Outsourcing from 9/2010. The amount is $5,320. This was for a broken lease. The apartment complex added a bunch of other charges that weren't correct which is why the high amount. I only owed them for a couple months rent. I am trying to get this settled but they don't seem to be budging for anything less than $3,989.93. I want to do a PFD but they only seem to be wanting to settle in full. Has anyone else had any luck with them? Also, how much does this help my credit report if I do finally come to an agreement where I pay them and they mark it as paid in full? Does that help my score a lot or not very much?

Paying a collection account will not increase your score..

FCO is a pain in the butt, I am failing at removing them myself... same exact story, the only difference is I was sued for the amount...

Mine was right around the same amount, and I wound up settling for right around the same amount as you are being offered...

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 5
dujaidecor
Contributor

FCO are a tough group. I tried to get them to remove the negative tradeline on mt Credit report. I even emailed the CEO.....and they wouldnt budge.

Starting Score: TU488 EQ483 6/4/12
Current Score: TU 662 EQ 670 EXP ??
Goal Score: 680

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.

Message 3 of 5
2NE1
Established Contributor

I agree, I wouldn't bother with FCO, they won't agree to PFD and neither accept a GW request after payment. I'm waiting for this FCO collection on my CR to fall off next year in May. The debt wasn't even mine, it was a family member's responsibility but they still refused to remove it Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 5
golo
Frequent Contributor

I'm in the same boat with them,ugh! I'm waiting till march next year for it be removed of age.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.