cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fair Collections and Outsourcing...PFD maybe?!

tag
800_ismygoal
Established Member

Fair Collections and Outsourcing...PFD maybe?!

Hi everyone...I love this site.  Been a lurker for months and decided to register because I have yet to find solid answers for these creditors.  In my reading it seems as most have had NO luck in getting these off of their credit reports.  I have a $1672 balance from 2008 that isn't due to come off until 8/2015.  I can't wait that long because I want to buy a house this July.  I read that FHA has changed their rules stating any collection over $1000 must be paid in full (yikes)

Sooooo just wondering if anyone has recently had any positive outcome with these guys?  Old posts on here are scaring me!! Smiley Frustrated  This is the only negative left on my credit report and I want it to go bye bye!  I have a PFD letter drafted (willing to pay 40%) but wondering if its even worth it??

I appreciate all feedback...thanks in advance!

Journey to 800
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Fair Collections and Outsourcing...PFD maybe?!

I haven't heard one good thing about them.

This is from 2008, have you ever received any type of dunning notice, phone, etc. from them?

Do you agree with the amount they say you owe?

Message 2 of 7
Lasardo
Established Contributor

I would never NOT try a PFD,already on your report what can it hurt, right?
I personally waited for mine to fall off but never tried a PFD, who knows..
Good luck 😜
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 3 of 7
800_ismygoal
Established Member

@guiness56 wrote:

I haven't heard one good thing about them.

This is from 2008, have you ever received any type of dunning notice, phone, etc. from them?

Do you agree with the amount they say you owe?

Wow not one thing??  Gosh.  I know this is from me breaking my lease several months before it was up.  The amount must include legal fees, interest etc because the amount is larger than my rent amount.  I remember getting a letter about this around 2009 or so, then another one after that maybe a year later wanting me to pay half of the debt to settle it.  Didn't have the funds at the time so just dismissed the letter.  Not a peep from them since. 

Journey to 800
Message 4 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If it's out of SOL send a DV.  If they validate, send a PFD for a %.

Ask them for an accounting of the debt.

Message 5 of 7
imovinup
Regular Contributor

Any luck with FCO this is my last collection account on my credit reports and i want to get it off. any suggestions im afraid if i pay it and send a good will letter it will be ignored mines is for 1328 and everytime i call they want to settle but i dont like the problems asscoitated with settlements and i cant wait for 2016 for it to fall off. i want to buy a house im tired of paying rent.

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 6 of 7
800_ismygoal
Established Member

@imovinup wrote:

Any luck with FCO this is my last collection account on my credit reports and i want to get it off. any suggestions im afraid if i pay it and send a good will letter it will be ignored mines is for 1328 and everytime i call they want to settle but i dont like the problems asscoitated with settlements and i cant wait for 2016 for it to fall off. i want to buy a house im tired of paying rent.

Well this collection agency does NOT budge...at all.  I ended up settling for a 45% payoff.  They did not agree to fully delete the account under any circumstances.  I tried twice and they flat out ignored it.  The credit agencies updated about a month after I paid and it now shows a zero balance and says account is legally paid in full and settled for less than full amount. None of my scores were impacted, they neither went up or down after I paid it. I had to pay it in order for my mortgage loan to get approved.  My lender said since I disputed it I had to pay it AND write a letter of explanation for the collection. That was my last baddy so I'm thankful all my negative accounts have been taken care of. I would suggest you strike a deal to pay for a percentage, because more than likely if you are trying to get a house it will have to be paid. Mine was scheduled to come off in 2014.

Journey to 800
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.