Did you mean: 

Fair Credit Billing Act and reporting of lates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair Credit Billing Act and reporting of lates

In another thread RobertEG said:

"RobertEG wrote:

I would not approach it in terms of open or closed, but rather in view of lack of billing statements upon which to base any lates.

If the account is open, they are requried under the Fair Credit Billing Act to send monthly statements.

I would bet they are not.

Absent a monthly statement that sets a billing due date, they cannot then report a delinquency based on any billing due date.

I would file a formal complaint under the Fair Credit Billing Act, which has farily strict evidentiary and credit reporting requiments.

I would also file a dispute under the FCRA, asserting lack of a billing statement with a due date, and thus no proper reporting of a late payment based on any billing due date."

Does this rule only apply to credit cards, or other types of "credit" under revolving accounts as well?

My Verizon CO from two years ago reports lates for the several months preceding settlement in 02/16. I haven't received a monthly bill from them since 02/14.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.