cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fall Off dates not listed on EX or TU reports?

tag
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

Fall Off dates not listed on EX or TU reports?

Hello,

I was wondering if Experian removed the fall off dates listed on their credit reports?  I remember a few years back they had these listed along with TransUnion.  Equifax never showed them to my knowledge.  It's been a long time but my 7 years of having negative items on my credit reports have arrived.  I pulled my Equifax report and noticed that 3 negative items were removed and it dropped my score about 4 points.  I"m guessing due to credit age, anyways  I checked TransUnion and Experian and these negative items are still listed.  I went to Experian to pull my credit report directly to see if it still lists the fall-off dates but I don't see them on their at all.  Do they not lists these anymore?  TransUnion seems to be the same way, i'm I missing something?

Thanks,

v/r

JShidell

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Fall Off dates not listed on EX or TU reports?

IME,  EQ shows the DOFD. EX and TU  usually dont show the DOFD  but list the date of removal.

Wow TU and EX didnt show the date of removal. Did it show the DOFD?

Where did you pull your CR's from?.......and When?

I wonder, if it's something new.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 8
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

Hello Lightnin,

I pulled TU and EX directly from their sites.  They show DOFD but not removal.

Like I said I remember seeing it listed a few years back but I haven't actually pulled my credit report from the CRA's websites in a few years now.  Ive just been tracking my credit via myfico and TC

Thanks,

v/r

JShidell.

Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Does the account still show as negative? IME, I had some drop off dates disappear but that was because the OC's bads dropped off thereby making it look like a positive account. I have one CO still reporting after 10 yrs...the negatives were removed and looks as if it was a positive account. It reports as "open" and I don't want to tell it otherwise.

Message 4 of 8
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

llecs,

They are still showing negative.  I still see the CA and the OC on my reports with no fall (drop) off dates listed any where on the report.

Thanks,

v/r

JShidell

Message 5 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

What's the DOFD? Is it possible that EQ removed it early?

Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Hmmmm....I just checked DW's EX report directly from Experian and she has a CA and a recent CO. The CA showed a drop off date of 1/2011 as of last month. Now EX is as EX does, and usually a January drop off date would mean that it falls off in February sometime, but the drop off date clearly isn't there today. Her CO also is missing the drop off date when it was clearly there last month. She's baddie free on TU, so nothing to compare there.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have your credit report order number, just call and speak to a rep and you can ask them what day exactly they will or should fall off your reports.  I recently called all three to confirm fall off dates and they were all kind enough to tell me. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.